Where is the log file located?

When restarting Cryptomator, a new log file is created. The log file of your latest launch is cryptomator0.log, the one before is cryptomator1.log and so on until cryptomator9.log.

Usually you want to look at cryptomator0.log which is stored here:

• Windows: %appdata%/Cryptomator/
  • OS X: ~/Library/Logs/Cryptomator/
  • Linux: ~/.local/share/Cryptomator/logs/
    • pre-1.4.6: ~/.Cryptomator/

You can access this location by clicking on “reveal log files” from within Cryptomator’s preferences window:

In most cases if you’re having an issue, the log file contains more detailed error messages that could help identify the issue. If the log file doesn’t seem to have any explicit error message, enable debug mode and then reproduce the problem. That might help in analyzing the issue. Don’t forget to redact sensitive information when having debug mode enabled! And turn off debug mode afterwards.

2 Likes

Hey,
i think the windows path can be better specified:
$HOME/AppData/Roaming/cryptomator.log

Thank you. That helped me.
For all Users who do not change system variables and also do not know exact path behind system variables, I’d like to give a Windows 10 example which should fit in most of the cases

C:\Users\_[Your User]_\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\cryptomator.log
(Please change [Your User] into your user name without the brackets)

1 Like

@Michael, @infeo
In fact you can just paste %appdata%/Cryptomator/ into the address bar of Windows Explorer. It will know how to handle this system variable and resolve it automatically.

Oh, I didn’t know that. Thank you.

I am unable to find any log files for cryptomator. I have tried turning on debug mode and checked the location noted at the top of this thread, are those still the appropriate locations for log files? I am using OS X and version 1.4.1 of cryptomator.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fichiers log disparu