1.6.1 not launch

Hello to all,

I have a version 1.5.17 that works perfectly (with my donation code). To upgrade to 1.6.1, I had to uninstall my 1.5.17 version, which I did.

After rebooting my PC, I install version 1.6.1 and no problem with the installation, I installed Dokany (but the problem is exactly the same with WinFSF).

Now if I want to launch Cryptomator, I have the hourglass icon that appears for two seconds and nothing is launched. Basically impossible to launch this new version on my Windows 10 ver.1709.

To be able to use my encrypted folders, I put back the 1.5.17 version and everything works.

What is happening? Help :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Cryptomator Community :slightly_smiling_face: ,

If you install 1.6.1 again, try to start it and the look into the logfile, does it contain any ERRORs, WARNings or Exceptions?

Also check if the logfile has the correct timestamp (your current time)! If not, the application fails so early that the normal loggin does not even kick in.

Hello, thank you for your welcome and for your answer. So I installed, again, the version 1.6.1 (having uninstalled the 1.5.17)

Here are the logs

cryptomator0.log

17:43:45.088 [main] INFO  org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Starting Cryptomator 1.6.1 on Windows 10 10.0 (amd64)
17:43:45.124 [main] ERROR org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Running application failed
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Protocol family not supported
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SelectorProviderImpl.openServerSocketChannel(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.nio.channels.ServerSocketChannel.open(Unknown Source)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.1/org.cryptomator.ipc.Server.create(Server.java:32)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.1/org.cryptomator.ipc.IpcCommunicator.create(IpcCommunicator.java:47)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.1/org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator.run(Cryptomator.java:77)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.1/org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator.main(Cryptomator.java:57)
17:43:45.124 [main] INFO  org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Exit 1

cryptomator1.log
nothing inside

upgrade.log
nothing inside

Does it help to find the problem?

Thank you for your advice

yes, the time is right

Ok, i see what the problem is.

In short: Your Windows 10 is too old. You need to update it in order to use Cryptomator 1.6.x. There is no other workaround for that.

I also checked offical Microsoft Support for Windows 10 v1709. If i read the chart correctly, it ended a year ago. So you should really consider to update.

1 Like

Thank you for your analysis and response.

I really find this race for “novelties” a “flight forward”, I will think about it. But there are so many things to block in a Windows to be quiet and not spied that I am discouraged to have to reinstall everything, many hours of work :pensive:

sorry for my bad english…

Following your message and many, many hours of work. I have completely installed a newer Windows10 (the latest one at the moment) and now I can install and run Cryptomator without any problem.

Thanks again for all your help. However I have a new problem, the mount does not want to “lock”. I have to “force” it which is not good.

I will search on the forum if other users have this same (and new) problem …

1 Like