Problem: Opening Folders takes very long

Since a few weeks it takes very long time untill my folders get opend and pictures are loaded. Any issues known? I never had this before.

Hey. Im using Cryptomator Desktop App with a Tresor on my M.2 SSD.
Opening the Pictures are very very slow and scrolling the folders also very slow and laggy.
You guys know why it is like that?

Hey. Im using Cryptomator Desktop App with a Tresor on my M.2 SSD.
Opening the Pictures are very very slow and scrolling the folders also very slow and laggy.
You guys know why it is like that?

I merged all your posts to one topic.
If you want to receive support, you should give more and precise information:

• Which Version of cryptomator?
  • Which OS?
  • Which Volume Type?
  • Specify “slow and laggy”.
  • Maybe a log file?

Version: 1.4.13
Volume Type: NTFS
Example, the folder with many pictures are loading very long untill all picutres shows up. Like the Explorere is Open a pictures also takes up to 5 seconds. I had it never before.

Closing the Tresor is also up to a few seconds, manytime it says FAIL closing Tresor

Now i cant even close the Tresor anymore, only Fail messages.

Hi. I meant the type of your vault volume type. Please have a look at your settings. Do you use WebDAV or Dokany?
Does switching between them make any difference?

Yep. That feels like a huge different. With Dokany, nothing works… cant close the Vault, 5 to 10 seconds to open Pictures…
I mean the thumbnails are still loading a bit, but this Dokany stuff absolutly not possible to use. Whats the Different between WebDAV and Dokany?

They are just different file system providers.
WebDAV is the windows integrated solution, but has limitations, Dokany is an open source solution which has not these limitations, but seems not as stable on some windows setups.

I did not have any issues with Dokany so far, but some users reported speed issues.

@anon78176047 We recently updated the the access to the dokany library on our side to their newest version, but this version has downward compability problem. :angry:

You should update Dokany to version 1.3.1000:

Regarding the speed, you can try out the custom mount options to increase the performance. See here for a user report on our issue tracker.