Cryptomator does not start anymore

Hello,

I am using Cryptomator on openSuse 15.4. as a flatpack package. Till now everything was fine and smooth. However, after latest update, Cryptomator does not open anymore:

flatpak run org.cryptomator.Cryptomator
bwrap: Can’t create file at /run/user/1000/app/org.keepassxc.KeePassXC/org.keepassxc.KeePassXC.BrowserServer: No such device or address

Any ideas?

Thanks
Frank

Hey and welcome to the Cryptomator Community :slightly_smiling_face:,

Thanks for reporting this. Is it the complete log output? If not can you please post the complete relevant output from

If you have privacy concerns, you can also send it to support@cryptomator.org

Hi SailReal,

when starting Cryptomator from the KDE menu basically nothing happens, therefore I entered on the command prompt flatpak run org.cryptomator.Cryptomator with the output mentioned in my first post.

The log file (located in /.local/share/Cryptomator/logs/) does not seem to be updated anymore, the timestamp is wrong. Here is the output (somehow I cannot attach files):

11:41:35.318 [main] INFO o.c.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Settings loaded from /home/frank/.config/Cryptomator/settings.json
11:41:35.332 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - user.home: /home/frank
11:41:35.332 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - java.library.path: :/app/Cryptomator/lib/app:/usr/java/packages/lib:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
11:41:35.332 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - user.language: de
11:41:35.332 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - user.region: null
11:41:35.332 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - logback.configurationFile: null
11:41:35.332 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.settingsPath: ~/.config/Cryptomator/settings.json:~/.Cryptomator/settings.json
11:41:35.332 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.ipcSocketPath: ~/.config/Cryptomator/ipc.socket
11:41:35.333 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.integrationsWin.keychainPaths: null
11:41:35.333 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.logDir: ~/.local/share/Cryptomator/logs
11:41:35.333 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.pluginDir: ~/.local/share/Cryptomator/plugins
11:41:35.333 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.mountPointsDir: ~/.local/share/Cryptomator/mnt
11:41:35.333 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.minPwLength: null
11:41:35.333 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.appVersion: 1.6.15
11:41:35.333 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.buildNumber: flatpak-1
11:41:35.333 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.showTrayIcon: false
11:41:35.333 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.p12Path: ~/.config/Cryptomator/key.p12
11:41:35.333 [main] INFO o.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Starting Cryptomator 1.6.15 on Linux 5.14.21-150400.24.33-default (amd64)
11:41:35.358 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.ipc.Server - Spawning IPC server listening on socket /home/frank/.config/Cryptomator/ipc.socket
11:41:35.754 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO o.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - JavaFX runtime started after 844ms
11:41:38.132 [DBus Worker Thread-2] INFO o.f.dbus.handlers.SignalHandler - Received signal KWallet.walletAsyncOpened: {TransactionID: 9, handle: 400680785}
11:41:38.821 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO o.c.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow - Unlock of ‘Backup’ succeeded.
11:41:42.364 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO o.cryptomator.ui.fxapp.UpdateChecker - Current version: 1.6.15, lastest version: 1.6.16
11:49:27.353 [fuseMount-0-main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Vault - Unmounted vault ‘Backup’
11:49:27.358 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO o.c.ui.fxapp.FxApplicationTerminator - Locked remaining vaults was succesful.
11:49:27.363 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO o.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - JavaFX application stopped.
11:49:27.368 [main] INFO o.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - UI shut down
11:49:27.369 [main] INFO o.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Exit 0

Thanks
Frank

Just observed something, probably worth mentioning:
Both Cryptomator and KeePassXC were autostarting after login on my machine. Once I removed that I could open Cryptomator and afterwards KeePassXC. It is not possible for me to start Cryptomator if KeePassXC is running - even if I close it again. So somehow the two programs are not playing nice with each other …

Well, it seems it is not that easy: Cryptomator opens correctly and I can also go the configuration dialog, but the dialog for unlocking a vault is totally messed up:
Screenshot_20221220_221539

It may be irrelevant, but I personally have more luck with the AppImage version of cryptomator than the flatpak version in the Linux container of my chromebook. Flatpak can restrict permissions which can sometimes cause problems (for me the problem is flatpak cryptomator cannot access my google drive location in the way that it is shared from chromeOS, while appimage cryptomator sees it fine). Your problem is a little different but since you mentioned it seems tied to other apps I’ll point out that AppImage is not affected by any other installation in the system, it is self contained.

Sorry if this is off-topic unscientific advice. But it’s what I would try if I was in your shoes and wanted to get cryptomator working. And of course trying out an appimage is as easy as downloading it and making it executable and then launching the file. it doesn’t install anything, instead it just runs direct from the app image file so there are no changes to your system, nothing to lose by trying.

Thanks for your advice, the appimage works - for now I will avoid the flatpak version!