Cryptomator app without Google Play

We are currently implementing one of the most desired feature: Purchasing Cryptomator without Google Play Store :tada: .

Soon you will be able to download the app from our website and purchase a license to activate it.

You can activate the license by clicking on a link after the purchase or by copy and pasting the content into the dialog.

Updates will be automatically downloaded and installed in the app itself (of course with your permission).

Stay tuned for more information.

5 Likes

Brilliant news indeed!! My question is: Can I transfer my license I have bought in the Play Store, as I no longer use a device with play services.

1 Like

@SailReal Any news regarding this?

No, licenses are created by independent systems. There is no API we can use to look up if an app has been bought via Google Play.
The new license store is only suitable for new licenses. For bulk purchases feel free to contact us.

1 Like

Many users who try to avoid Google Play use F-Droid instead, sometimes with their ROM trusting apps installed and updated through F-Droid without needing to enable “install from untrusted sources”. So is there any chance you’ll be offering a f-droid repository (see here for details)?

1 Like

Yes, eventually. But we will start with a download option for the .apk on our website. To publish on F-Droid, we need to push the UI to GitHub, first. This will need some more adjustments such as removal of API keys.

1 Like

Hello. If you use Google Play Family Library, you can share the app with 6 people, so it would be nice to be able to issue a family license with one purchase as well.

What a wonderful idea !!!

F*ck off Ggle P,

2 Likes

Hey, is there any news here? :slight_smile:

in the future i would like to switch to a free operating system without google.

I have officially bought the Android App from cryptomator in the store. Is there a possibility for me to continue using cryptomator in the future, for example as .apk file, or do I have to buy it again?

Thanks, Danke

Same here :wave:
I wait for a long time to have cryptomator on my LineageOS witjout Google services. This is a great news ! Can’t wait to pay the licence and use it on the mobile.

This will be part of our huge 1.5.0 release. Our goal is to release everything (including APK self-distribution) in Q1 this year. We’ll see how it goes, I guess it’s done when it’s done but we’re making great progress.

4 Likes

I asked this question earlier in this thread and the official answer was this post

Early access available now!

6 Likes

As a buyer of the GooglePlay version I pay double.
its okay, consider it as a donator of your work :wink:

thanks and greetings

4 Likes

Great news ! And on time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great news !
Thank you for your work !

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Android 1.5 beta: detailed error messages

LOL the irony. Crypto app without crypto payment

Can the beta4 apk be used to upgrade an installation of the play store version? (im betatesting and stuck on beta2 with the play store delays!)

You have to buy a license in our apk store but technically you can update the installation from the playstore with the apk downloaded from our apk store…

1 Like