SSL pinning error / certificate pinning failure (Android)

Hallo zusammen
Seit gestern bekomme ich keine Webdav-Verbindungen unter Android mehr.
Ich habe noch eine Beta, bei der bekomme ich die Fehlermeldung SSL pinning error, Certificate pinning failure. Diese Version lief über Monate problemlos!
Darauf habe ich mir die Version aus dem Playstore gekauft. Da bkomme ich einen Authentifizierungsfehler bei der neuen Verbindung (meine alten aus der Beta werden nicht angezeigt). Passwort etc stimmen, wie ich via Linux Desktop Verbindung prüfen kann.
Hat jemand einen Tipp?
Danke schon mal
Joe

Hey und willkommen in der community :slight_smile:!

Kannst du bitte sicherstellen, dass die eingegebene Url korrekt und vollständig ist: https://server_url:port/ordner.

Wenn das nicht hilft bitte ein Log-File uns zukommen lassen: How do I enable debug mode on Android?

Hi
ja, die Connections sind richtig. In der Beta sind ja noch meine Verbindungseinträge, die bis vor wenigen Tagen liefen, drin. Sobald ich jetzt aber einen dieser Einträge anklicke, kommt die Credentials Meldung. Und neu anlegen geht gar nicht.

Logfile ist gerade an support@… raus

Hi - I get an SSL error on the Beta Android App as well - is buying now mandatory?
Best Cathy

also SSL pinning error_Ceritificate pinning failure! Peer certificate chain:: sha256/5VR… ??

Danke!
Habe es auch gerade angeschaut. Sieht an sich sehr gut aus. Mit meinen Testdaten kann ich mich bei deinem Cloud-Anbieter einloggen, bei denen liegt also auch kein generelles Problem mit der WebDAV schnittstelle vor. Dann muss irgendetwas mit den Zugangsdaten sein, vielleicht das Passwort ändern damit du sicher das richtige nutzt? Two factor authentication kann auch nicht das Problem sein wenn es mit dem Desktop funktioniert…

In theory not but we dropped the support of the beta version a few years ago. Now the certificate on the server which handles the update check expired so we created a new one and because of that it changed.
This new certificate is not whitelisted in the update check on the android side and to do it, we would have to create a new version of the android app but as already said, the support for this beta version was dropped years ago.

I understand the certificate issue but in the meantime I’m unable to use cryptomator an my android.
I was using beta because i dont have google stuff on my phone and you don’t provide alternative to play store yet. It was OK because beta was OK. But now I’m really stuck and I found myself in a delicate situation yesterday not being able to access my vault.
I can imagine Fdroid will take some time… Maybe you can provide a workaround for people like me ? Would it be technically fasaible to rebuild the old beta with new certificate ?
I don’t ask for beta support, just a workaround because you don’t provide alternative.

Hi,
Like @nouts, I am using an old beta version on Android because I don’t want to use Google services. I know you are planning to release an alternative to googleplay.
But until this is fully operational with F-droid, can we expect a solution for this certificate issue ?

Merci d’avance!

I understand that if you don’t use Google services (I haven’t installed them myself) it is a problem to install the current app. I’m sorry for you, but we will not release an update for the old beta version of Cryptomator for Android, that’s what it means to drop support. We are working on finishing the license store, it will be available soon.

Please stay tuned!

2 Likes

Hello,
I know that i can decrypt files just fine with your beta app. If the app connects to cloud services and to your api it will work fine, only stops working 12 seconds after, because you request the connection to your servers (heimdall.skymatic.de) to be active, and if that is enable, the app displays the message that you started to display about ssl/certificate error. If i disable it, it sais that beta need to be connected to internet and closes the app. But everything was working fine in that 12 seconds.
So this is simply a way to force users to buy your app if we want to use it under android.

1 Like

You can use any other android app that supports cryptomator encryption scheme, or feel free to create your own one (and distribute it for free because obviously your opinion is that apps should be free). No one is forced to pay anything if one does not want to, thanks to the guys that provide their encryption scheme as open source.

1 Like