Cryptomator cannot connect to the vault

Hi, I use Dropbox for storing my Cryptomator vaults. Recently, I have changed my laptop to a new Macbook Pro (OS High Sierra). I use Cryptomator version 1.3.2. (1046). When I tried to open my vault today, the message appears (in German): When connecting with the server “localhost” an error occured. You get more information from your system administrator. (Original: Beim Verbinden mit dem Server “localhost” ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Weitere Informationen erhälst du von deinem Systemadministrator.".
Can anybody help? Thank you!

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to read the config file by checking on the Internet how to do this, but I could only get to some editor, without being able to read out the config file. Can you help me how to do this? I have macOS High Sierra. Thank you!

Unfortunately I’m not on Mac, but I found this guide with google.
Just have a look into the hosts file if the lines shown in the liked post are existing, and if not: ad them

Thanks again, Michael, I have also stumbled over a similar guide. However, when I get to the host file, it is completely empty.

Sorry to bother you again, I know that this is not a Cryptomator issue. But I also understand that changing the host file is somethjing critical. So before doing this, I first wanted to check the content of the host file, as you suggested. If it is completely empty (can it be empty?), should I just add the lines that you put before into the file?

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

This is the hosts file of a “cleanly” installed macOS:

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1	localhost
255.255.255.255	broadcasthost
::1             localhost

Thank you, issue solved: I put the lines in the config file, now it works. Thanks again!! :slight_smile:

1 Like