Can't play video files in Portable Version

Hi
I was testing both portable and non-potable apps and realized that I can’t play videos from local vault using portable version installed on my flash drive (Portable app and vault were located on flash drive and I was using WebDav adapter). But after installing EXE installer (full installation enabled) on windows I was able to play those videos.
So I decided to test it on another PC and again I couldn’t play same video files. Then I lunched EXE Installer and checked installing Cryptomator and WebDav System Configuration. After installing non-potable Cryptomator app the problem was fixed (even after uninstalling it).

What is the problem? Am I missing something in Portable app?

As mentioned here WebDAV System configuration writes a key to the registry. Can those registry keys be the solution?
If YES Can you send me those keys because I don’t want to install Cryptomator on every desktop I connect my flash drive; it is the reason why I’m using Portable version.

Assuming your video files are bigger that 4GB.
But WebDAV cannot handle files that big.

As far as I know, the portable version does not have dokany included as virtual filesystem. That’s the difference.

No Video files are smaller than 4GB

Update: There is no issue with video files on Android App. But still having issues with portable App.

Welcome to the Cryptomator Community :slight_smile: ,

the keys with their value and necessary data can be found here:

I checked Registry Keys and realized these Keys have same value on a fresh Windows 10 and Windows 10 which Cryptomator has been installed on it.

So it wasn’t the solution. I will give the solution in the next post.

By installing Cryptomator application value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\WebClient\Parameters\FileSizeLimitInBytes entry, would change from 02faf080 to ffffffff (Hexadecimal Format).

Changing value worked for me on Windows 10 installed on Hyper-v VM, I hope it would work in other situations. :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is the Registry Key example: