Where are vaults mounted on android devices?

Fisrt of all, your app rocks.

Yesterday I was in the need to print an email from my email client app, so in the printing utility from Android there is an option to print as pdf. So I was trying to save the file into my vault. But there isn’t a path to my vault from the printing utility.
You may say I can use the sharing option from my email client. But it sends a text file with an url where you can read the message in a web browser. So the sharing option is not an option! But anyway I think it should happen the same thing if you want to save your work directly to your vault from a text editor for example.

In desktop platforms, the vaults are mounted on virtual drives, so you can use any application to save your work directly to your vault.

In short, ¿Is there an option to save your work from apps to your vault in Android?

Thx in advanced.

2 Likes

Unfortunately no.
Android is not as “open” as windows. Sadly mounting virtual drives as a user is not an option.
You would have to save the document unencrypted, then upload to your vault.

1 Like

I suspected it! Thank you very much.

Hey and welcome to the community :slightly_smiling_face:!

This will be available as soon as Allow vault access by other apps through Document Provider · Issue #35 · cryptomator/android · GitHub is implemented!

3 Likes

Thanks. Look promising

exFAT/NTFS for USB by Paragon Software can mount drives without root. Can’t this method be used to mount Cryptomator vaults as real drives?

exFAT/NTFS for USB by Paragon Software:

Is there some kind of work around in order to mount it? :star_struck:

@ SailReal BTW, Is there some kind of work around planned for the near future?

Is there some kind of work around in order to mount it? :star_struck:

No, there is not really a workaround, we need to implement the document provider:

Hi there,
Google brought me here. I was wondering how to copy multiple directories (each with multiple files) in a few actions. But it seems it’s not possible in Android, is it? Do I have to create manually each folder, then [+] button > Upload file for each file?

1 Like