Unable to Create a New Vault, "No additional locations available." error message

Click here to create a new vault > Create a new vault > Local Storage > Click here to add locations > Error message “No additional locations available.”

Fresh install from Play Store. Using a Oneplus 6t, Android 11.

Do you have a custom ROM installed on your smartphone?

Hi, I don’t. I’m using the stock version of Oxygen OS 11.1.2.2.

Do you have rooted your phone?

Hi, it is not rooted.

Hi, that is really strange because then the message basically means that you have no file manager that supports opening directories :thinking:

Interesting. Would you suggest factory resetting my phone?

I can imagine that this could help but to be honest, I’m not sure.

Hi SailReal,
what is the magic behind the message “no file manager that supports opening directories”?
Facing this dialog and can’t create anything.
I’m using a stock ROM Oxygen 11.1.7.7 and my phone is rooted.

Thank you for your help.

Hey and welcome to the Cryptomator Community :slightly_smiling_face:,

It basically means that you have no app on your phone, that provides an Activity, that can handle a Intent.ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE intent. In other words, you have no file manager on your device that can be used, to open directories which is very strange because Android AOSP provides such an app by default and removing such an app without providing another one would be really weird and would break a lot of apps.

Perhaps you also block such intents with Magisk or something similar?

I’m not blocking this intents and i’m using the default app. Like you said this would break a lot of other apps but this is not the case. Any other suggetions?

© 2022 Skymatic GmbH • Privacy PolicyImpressum