pCloud compatibility

Amazing work on this @sToRmInG , Ive been testing the beta-apk since last night on some large vaults. Pcloud is now running as fast and smooth on Android as it does on Desktop

2 Likes

Glad to here that it’s running fast and reliable. :slight_smile:

It was quite a journey getting everything up and running but with the help of @SailReal I was able to complete everything.

5 Likes

Hi,
What does native support mean to me? . I do not quite remember how did I do that but I have been using Cryptomator version 1.4.15 with pCloud for some time.
I wonder if it is safe to update to a current version and what this native support actually mean in that respect.

Hi

Native means using their API instead of WebDAV.

You have given me great joy!
I have been testing the native integration with pCloud, until now I used an app on Android to sync the encrypted vault “Local copy on Phone <-> pCloud”, and it works perfectly.
Thank you very much!

3 Likes

The release is available today in Play store and it’s working perfectly !
I wait PCloud native support into Cryptomator since a long time, so great thanks to you !

5 Likes

I’ve used pCloud with webdav connection without problem. But I can’t seem to use the new direct connection in the latest Cryptomator Android version. The log-in just goes round and round. I’ve tried on 2 different android devices (Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus and Xiaomi Mi Lite both with Android 10) Any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

Can you please enable debug mode, reproduce the problem and send us the log?

Log submitted yesterday. Does it give any clues to where the problem lies?

Thank you for the log file.

It looks like the problem takes place directly in the authentication as we don’t return to Cryptomator authenticated. The authentication itself is done in a browser (WebView) where the oauth login screen of pCloud is called and there their code is executed, unfortunately we therefore don’t see in the log what exactly goes wrong, only that you didn’t return to the cryptomator app authenticated.

I just tried to reproduce it again and the authentication works for me (to rule out a general error). Do you have any special account, VPN active which blocks some sites, …? Maybe you can also create a test account and try it with that (luckily they offer free accounts)? That could definitely help us.

I’ve created a new pCloud account using different log-in details. This new account I can connect to with Cryptomator. However when I try to create a new vault I get the (rather unhelpful) message “An error has occurred” and no vault is created.

Maybe it depends on the region you’ve selected? The two regions do have different API endpoints. I am in EU and can authenticate myself with the app.

The region is not an issue since we receive the proper API endpoint when you allow Cryptomator to access your account.

@sjha
Logs regarding the “An error has occurred” would also be helpful (if you not already sent them to @SailReal).

EDIT:
Ok it seems that we have an issue when choose the root folder as location for the vault: https://github.com/cryptomator/android/issues/305

I will look into it and fix it asap.

1 Like

A fix is ready to be merged: https://github.com/cryptomator/android/pull/306

However, this won’t resolve the login issue. I couldn’t reproduce it with both an EU and a US account.

2 Likes

We’ve just released version 1.5.16 which solves your second issue @sts . F-Droid and Website is already online, Playstore is waiting on the review of Google but will be ready for update in around a day or so…thanks again for reporting and thanks to @sToRmInG for the quick fix :pray:

2 Likes

Hmm, I switched from Google Play version to F-Droid version (1.5.16). Now I cannot login to pCloud anymore. I removed the cloud and tried to reauthenticate. Does not work.

We just fixed the pCloud login problem using F-Droid in version 1.5.17.
Thanks for reporting!

1 Like

Hi there, i was trying to make vault on my android cryptomator to Pcloud and sign in using Gmail. but it said Error 403:disallowed_useragent “Google can’t sign you in safely inside this app. You can use Google sign-in by visiting this app’s website in a browser like Safari or Chrome” what should i do to fix this? thank you.

Hey and welcome to the Cryptomator Community :slightly_smiling_face:,

Thank you for reporting this bug. I can reproduce it and moved your issue on Github to the right location: https://github.com/cryptomator/android/issues/316

We’ll have a look into this!

1 Like

As much as I love Cryptomator, especially for other cloud systems. I think in this case regarding pCloud, zero-knowledge E2EE and Android access, its probably better to concede and buy pCloud Crypto Vault. I use it and have zero problems with it both on desktop and via Android.
Bear in mind that pCloud’s concept is to download a file from the Crypto Vault, edit it, then upload it again. But I don’t have any issues previewing files in my Crypto Vault on Android.