New android phone - asked to repurchase

Hi

I’m moving from an old Android phone to a new Android phone.

Logging into the Play Store I am being prompted to repurchased. I’ve cleared my Play Store cache but still get this problem. What are my next steps ?

Many thanks in advance.

Have you made sure that you are logged in on the new device with the same Google account as the old one? Users have reported that logging out and logging back in has helped. In the worst case, make a refund and buy the app again.

Sorry for this experience :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried logging in and out but that didn’t work.

I removed my Google Account from my old phone and deleted the app.

On the Google Play website it says the app is available for all my devices, but on my new device it is still prompting me to pay. I suspect this might be an issue with the Google Play Store so I have raised a ticket with them.

That is really sad :confused:

You can normally use this app on any number of devices you own (including family sharing) but we’re aware of this problem, see On how many devices can the app be installed using Google Play Store?, but normally one of this workarounds fixes this Play Store caching problem. Thanks for creating the ticked and would be awesome if you could report back what the Google support told you and how you was able to fix it.

Hi

This morning the Play Store on the website is asking me to pay again. I don’t why that has changed in the last 15h !

Please can you advise how I can request a refund and then repurchase?

Many thanks.

====================

Google came back with these steps so I will post them here for the reference of others as these may work for them, although they didn’t work for me:

To reinstall or enable apps from your computer:

1. On your computer, go to play.google.com.
  2. Search for the app you want to install.
  3. Tap Install or Enable.
  4. Choose your device
  5. Click Install.

To reinstall or enable apps on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. At the top right, tap the profile icon.
  3. Tap Manage apps & devices and then Not installed.
  4. Select the apps you want to Install or Enable.

What the hell? Just sent you a direct message to figure out whats happening.

So okay, nothing useful at all :confused:

When people stumble across a similar problem: The transaction was refunded at an earlier date.