[Mac OSX] No Cryptomator drive in the sidebar of the Finder

I am using the latest version of Cryptomator (1.5.11) on Mac OSX (10.14.6) and since the upgrade the encrypted drive is no longer shown in the Finder. This means that I can no longer save directly to the drive from Outlook, for example, but must first take a route via the local hard drive. Previously, the drive was displayed as localhost in the sidebar of the Finder, but now it is no longer shown.

Thx & Bye Tom

1 Like

I have the same problem, using MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2, Cryptomator 1.5.15 and macFUSE 4.1.2. I followed this hint, but the custom folder magically disappeared after a restart, leading to errors in Cryptomator when unlocking the vault. I have no idea why the folder disappears (mount options?), but this does not seem to be reliable enough. Any ideas?

Same problem for me. I can access the encrypted volume through the Reveal Drive command and via the terminal, but can’t get it to show up by default in the sidebar.

Is there a solution to this by now? Thanks!

With 1.7.1 and FUSE-T 1.0.14 it shows in Finder now, but it shows as “localhost” and then you need to go another folder level to get to the root directory. Any way to make it show just the root directory?

I would like to know this as well. Anyone?

The answer is I don’t think it’s possible.