Mac OS X High Sierra unmount bug

I’ve been happily using Cryptomator for a while now on Mac OS X. I recently let Apple upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.2, and now the WebDAV drive seems to unmount periodically. Seems related to this bug post: https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator/issues/579, but that’s been locked and may not be same issue so commenting here.

It is very consistently unmounting. If I open an encrypted volume, do nothing with it, and after a few minutes the volume is no longer accessible. This makes it impossible to use Cryptomator. I’ve repo’d on both 1.3.1 and 1.3.2.

If this is indeed a Mac OS X problem, does anyone know of workarounds?

1 Like

Unfortunately, your issue seems to be related to GitHub Issue 579. You can check out ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ and look for crash reports of webdavfs_agent. I’ve locked the conversation because there is nothing to add. As I’ve mentioned, the bug also occurs on regular WebDAV drives as well. We’re making good progress on the FUSE integration so maybe we don’t have to wait for Apple at all. But for now, there is no known workaround when using Finder.

1 Like

That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks so much for the fast reply.

macOS High Sierra and Cryptomator are not compatible :sob:

Bring on the new FUSE integration.

So … is this still an issue on macOS High Sierra 10.13.3?

If yes, when can we expect to see a fix?

edit: Okay, I just gave Cryptomator Version 1.3.2 (1046) a try and it seems it still has the problem. The container unmounted while operation.