Lock Failed - Can something be done?

I know there are multiple topics on this already, but can anything be done about the “Lock failed” popup that always comes up when I try to lock my vault?

I am using v1.6.14 on Windows 11.

I have attached screenshots of the issue, and I can see what files are currently locked, but the files are only locked/opened by Cryptomator and not by any other Windows processes or programs.

Before locking, I always do this:

• I verify that Cryptomator is not reading or writing (in the right corner of the window)
  • I verify Dropbox is done syncing the files

Sometimes when the “Lock Failed” comes up, I will wait a few minutes and try again, and it will lock. Most times, however, I wait, and it never locks (it will keep showing me the “Lock Failed” popup window). So then I have to force lock it, but that always makes me nervous about losing file data.

Screenshot: Cryptomator Lock Issue

Debug log:

10:22:03.289 [App Background Thread 031] TRACE o.c.f.fuse.locks.PathWLockImpl - Acquired write path lock for '[]'
10:22:03.290 [App Background Thread 031] TRACE o.c.f.fuse.locks.PathWLockImpl - Released write path lock for '[]'
10:22:03.290 [App Background Thread 031] INFO  o.cryptomator.ui.lock.LockWorkflow - Locking Dropbox failed (forced: false).
org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Volume$VolumeException: org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.FuseMountException: Unmount refused: There are open files or pending operations.
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.14/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.FuseVolume.unmount(FuseVolume.java:106)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.14/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Vault.lock(Vault.java:178)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.14/org.cryptomator.ui.lock.LockWorkflow.lock(LockWorkflow.java:63)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.14/org.cryptomator.ui.lock.LockWorkflow.call(LockWorkflow.java:57)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.14/org.cryptomator.ui.lock.LockWorkflow.call(LockWorkflow.java:34)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.1/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1426)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.FuseMountException: Unmount refused: There are open files or pending operations.
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse@1.3.4/org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.AbstractMount.unmount(AbstractMount.java:33)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.14/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.FuseVolume.unmount(FuseVolume.java:104)
	... 10 common frames omitted

having the same issue. This seems to be a bug that’s been going on for a few years now, I don’t think they can fix it sadly :frowning:

Have you checked (for example with Windows Process Explorer ) if there is an app or process that is accessing the vault?
Just because the sync is done or the graphic does not show reading/writing doesn’t mean that no process is blocking a file or folder.