Issue with Cryptomator Files Visibility and Data Recovery from Damaged Storage

Dear Support Team,

I am reaching out to report an issue we encountered with our Cryptomator storage setup. Recently, our storage disks experienced damage, resulting in data loss. Thankfully, we were able to recover the data from the damaged disks.

However, upon attempting to restore the Cryptomator files to specific users, we faced a problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to access the files successfully. Although we have all the necessary components, including the Cryptomator key and the directory structure with subfolders, the files are not visible when we open the vault.

I kindly request your assistance in resolving this matter. We have ensured that we are using the correct vault key and password, yet the files remain inaccessible. It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide guidance on why the files are not visible and help us rectify this issue.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. We look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Welcome to the Cryptomator Community :slightly_smiling_face:,

maybe a foreword in general: This is first and formost a community forum. Of course, the developers of Cryptomator are also active here, answer questions regarding Cryptomator and help users with problems. But there is no obligation for that.
I just wanted to stress this, because your formal tone and wording gives a different impression.

That said, does your log file contain any WARNings, ERRORs or otherwise Exceptions when opening and ‘browsing’ the aforementioned vault?