I need some help for usage of sanitizer tool

Hi,
since i have incidental problems with my vault (invisible folders which can not be accessed/written/deleted) i looked for a solution and found the sanitizer tool.
When i started it for the first time, it reported 647 problems and infos (0-24-623-7261).
After one solve run for ‘OrphanMFile’ the result had still 647 problems but less info entries (0-24-623-958).
Unfortunately there is no other solve option for ‘MissingDirectory’, ‘OrphanDirectory’ or ‘EmptyEncryptedFile’.

Question No.1: Is it safe to simply remove those files or directories from disk which are listed as INFO in the report?

Question No.2: What about the error messages ‘Unauthentic file content at chunk XXX’?
Can or should i delete these files too since they are corrupted or can i repair them?

I would be very happy if someone with sanitizer experiences would answer me or enhance the Sanitizer-HowTo…

P.S. There is a post which partially covers my questions (Lots of empty and orphaned files in Archives.check.txt).

Without a look at the actual reports produced by sanitizer it is hard to tell what actually happened. The problems discovered by sanitizer can have multiple reasons thus automatic solving is not possible. Looking at the numbers of problems reported in relation to the overall file count may help.

Are the problems

• Unauthentic file content at chunk XXX
  • OrphanDirectory
  • MissingDirectory
  • OrphanMFile
    reported for only a few or for many or most of the files?

If those problems are reported for most of the files the masterkey-file may have been switched against a new version using the same password.

Did you do anything with the encrypted files? Did you have two vaults and copy one into another or did you initialize a new vault? If you are using a cloud service which has a history, can you check if the file masterkey.cryptomator has been modified? Do you use the vault together with other persons? Did they maybe do such modifications?

Thank you for the quick reply.

• The check reports 41.782 files in the vault.

• The 24 errors are for just 3 different files, one file has 21 ‘bad’ chunks.

• MissingDirectory occurs in 31 lines.

• OrphanDirectory occurs in 592 lines.

• EmptyEncryptedFile, which is just INFO, is reported in 957 lines of the report.

• Yes, i use the vault with Synology NAS cloud synchronization tool from different locations (but not concurrent).

• And again yes, i tried to shorten the sync time (almost a day due to bad upload at home) and copied the vault to an external drive and moved it this way to the new location. It is possible, that i started the sync before copy was completely finished… this happened several month ago.

Actually i see again 3 new OrphanMFiles right after the previous cleanup. This would point to a bad sync, doesn’t it?
In the past i changed the password of the vault, but i did this from the common GUI and everything seemed to be OK.
I don’t know how long these errors or warnings really exist in my vault. I discovered them todaay when i looked for a solution for my invisible folders :frowning:

647 problem(s) found.
ERROR Unauthentic file content at chunk 000: d\N6\CCLIKH67DXV2RLTAXEGU2M7JDIPQ6K\D7YHMKDPNAZUU5ZA43KM2L5T6YC2FQ3474XBSXIS7UQK2===
ERROR Unauthentic file content at chunk 000: d\N6\CCLIKH67DXV2RLTAXEGU2M7JDIPQ6K\MTTKXHKRJD2WPRCS72ECAVT44HLQRUBK7II54A5BBY======
ERROR Unauthentic file content at chunk 001: d\N6\CCLIKH67DXV2RLTAXEGU2M7JDIPQ6K\D7YHMKDPNAZUU5ZA43KM2L5T6YC2FQ3474XBSXIS7UQK2===
ERROR Unauthentic file content at chunk 002: d\N6\CCLIKH67DXV2RLTAXEGU2M7JDIPQ6K\D7YHMKDPNAZUU5ZA43KM2L5T6YC2FQ3474XBSXIS7UQK2===

WARN MissingDirectory path: d\2L\PFU737WJY4CEIACM77RN5JWVMXYWYG dirfile: d\UW\IGLNHFTEY2ZOMMPIBR54FHIGPUJYBP\0FZSHZYWY3IBXPMUDJQHEJKGDWEHXQOT6KQ====== notADirectoryButExists: false
WARN MissingDirectory path: d\2L\XG6WZYV73SBHXGDUQZZFLPXYULXDQE dirfile: d\HG\KTZXQ3R5SFUQFWNMBL3NYD2REEMVI4\04MPEB5BWNQ3V3Z7XYSZSYTIPX4ZYHQGM723ZAUODUAY4BWC6TYN57C6WME====== notADirectoryButExists: false
WARN MissingDirectory path: d\2M\NKQZ2GGNJCLDYPJ57FMQSJPJCPWXLN dirfile: d\AD\VGI6AHRHHFXYBLZAEQO2STJ5TWHYH7\0XEKW2TABVVSIKCECD5JRFBMKLXXGE2HLXUGBMEUX notADirectoryButExists: false
W

WARN OrphanDirectory d\22\KMONUMFZGOKEE355I7BH4PXNUUQJHO
WARN OrphanDirectory d\23\XN4BKE7NFGGEC3RLVEUE3DROJTJFGO
WARN OrphanDirectory d\2A\OEZKZVP5HGWQF6YDEP6QPS7LDU2ANJ

INFO EmptyEncryptedFile d\22\PKSJ7ILGM5INLIH5NEH5P7WWREHK5T\7W3CUG6JNQSC6QZPOB4ALGDD62LHBEBABJ7N4===
INFO EmptyEncryptedFile d\22\PKSJ7ILGM5INLIH5NEH5P7WWREHK5T\JCXHYY7WSJA6YAPJYLLK5EGFJLAQNYAITPI6GWA=
INFO EmptyEncryptedFile d\22\WIFXGQEVNIERCKUPPXZ5JRBTXUVPD4\BFLBEG7FUO3YYWLCFQG54DCXH36QA4YI2WWELLNTN4======

INFO OrphanMFile m\AH\BH\AHBH6M6DJFOER3F2KD6PSRCOZ3TJMK6C.lng
INFO OrphanMFile m\KO\JH\KOJHLY6JOBCBHTF7OCJTLKK6BOOAP75Q.lng
INFO RootExists d\NE\4LNBXL7KLUUUPHFJX3XBL3BSVNNABU