Exiting Cryptomator causes locking vaults failed error

Win10 Pro, Cryptomator 1.4.6 (Dokany mode), and Dropbox 68.4.102.

As far as I can recall, this problem began with 1.4.6. When attempting to quit Cryptomator with a vault located on Dropbox mounted, I get the following error popup:

Vault(s) in use

One or more vaults are still in use by other programs. Please close them to allow Cryptomator to shut down properly, then try again.

If this doesn’t work, Cryptomator can shut down forcefully, but this can incur data loss and is not recommended.

If I hit the “Cancel” button, Cryptomator exits. I have never tried Force Shutdown or Try Again options.

I have debug log from another instance of this happening. It’s 11.5 MB in size.

This happens every time I quit Cryptomator with my vault mounted. I have confirmed that there are no tasks accessing the vault at the time or files from the vault opened.

Thanks in advance!

As far as I can tell, this hasn’t caused any data corruption issues. But, it is a concerning message.

I had the same Problem on Linux. My Solution: Tresor cannot be closed. Vers. 1.4.6

An update from me:

I have found that this error does not occur if I explicitly lock the vault before exiting out of Cryptomator. This only happens if I exit out of Cryptomator with the vault unlocked and mounted. It did not behave this way previously.

I can confirm this happens. And also that it only happens, when the vault is unlocked.

This should not be this way, will have a look into this. Thanks for letting us know!

Edit: Opened an issue on the bugtracker (https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator/issues/854)

Thanks for the response! Hopefully, it’s an easy fix.