Doesn't work anymore

I used version 1.9 a while ago and today decided to open Cryptomator again.
First thing I noticed was that it just showed me a white square in the middle of the screen.
Then I went to the preferences to check for updates, and that window was visible. I don’t know what that white square was supposed to show, but I guess the vaults window, from what I remember when I used the app.

Updated to 1.12 but now it starts and closes automatically in half a second.
Restarted my computer, but no luck.

I’m on macOS Catalina 10.15.7

EDIT: I tried installing version 1.8.0 and no issues unlike 1.9.0 and now 1.12.0
I will stick to 1.8.0 for now, but I would like to know what’s happening with 1.12.0?

I have the same macOS and the exact same problem. Did you get any resolution with 12? Also, pardon my ignorance, but can you tell me how to download older versions. I clicked through and found older versions on Github (and, actually, two newer versions 1.12.1 and 1.12.2), but not sure which files to download.

I ended up installing 1.8.0 and it’s working. I don’t think I will be installing any new version until I’m sure it’s working. For what I do, this is more than enough, though.

On this page:

Scroll to version 1.8.0 and click Assets to expand. I’m using the x64 version so it’s this one:
https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator/releases/download/1.8.0/Cryptomator-1.8.0-x64.dmg

I’m not an expert on this, but I would guess that the versions that say “arm” are for newer versions? The x64 is working for me on Catalina 10.15.7

Hope it helps

I finally figured it out and got 1.11.1 installed. But there is clearly a problem with the 1.12 download - at least on Catalina Mac.

Cryptomator 1.12.0 does not support macOS 10.x anymore, due to an update of the GUI library. We forgot to update the required OS version on our Website.

For macOS 10.13/10.14/10.15 users, you have to stay on Cryptomator 1.11.0 or update your system.