Cryptomator on a 32-bit netbook (Linux Debian 10 Buster install)?

I want to use Cryptomator on a 32-bit netbook running Debian Linux 10 (Buster). This is now my backup computer, but I’d like to get this working. Can anyone please advise the best way to try this?

• the current AppImage says 64-bit only, and the ‘system requirements’ refer to an Oracle Java version that only runs on 64-bit machines
  • I am willing to install an old version (eg a 32-bit .deb file) but I am not sure which one to try
  • It would be very nice to have FUSE integration

Any advice?

Same for Linux. See release notes I linked (at bottom)

Than you. The last .deb file I see is for v1.3.2. There is a jar version for v1.3.4.

Which one should I try first?

I don’t want to recommend any of them because they are outdated, but I was happy with version 1.3.4 back then.

1 Like

I am not successful with this. I get all the errors mentioned in this post:

I followed by starting Cryptomator using the java command mentioned in the post above. Here is what I got:

michael@debian-netbook:/opt/Cryptomator/app$ java -jar Cryptomator-1.3.2.jar
18:57:22.798 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Starting Cryptomator 1.3.2 on Linux 4.19.0-5-686-pae (i386)
18:57:22.886 [main] WARN org.cryptomator.launcher.InterProcessCommunicator - System property cryptomator.ipcPortPath not set.
18:57:22.895 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.launcher.InterProcessCommunicator - Could not connect to running process.
18:57:23.731 [main] ERROR org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Failed to initiate inter-process communication.
java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: .ipcPort.tmp
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:90)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:116)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:215)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:370)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:421)
at org.cryptomator.launcher.InterProcessCommunicator$ServerCommunicator.writePort(InterProcessCommunicator.java:172)
at org.cryptomator.launcher.InterProcessCommunicator$ServerCommunicator.(InterProcessCommunicator.java:164)
at org.cryptomator.launcher.InterProcessCommunicator$ServerCommunicator.(InterProcessCommunicator.java:148)
at org.cryptomator.launcher.InterProcessCommunicator.start(InterProcessCommunicator.java:74)
at org.cryptomator.launcher.InterProcessCommunicator.start(InterProcessCommunicator.java:56)
at org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator.main(Cryptomator.java:29)