Cryptomator 2.0 for iOS Release

We are happy to announce that Cryptomator 2.0 for iOS is now available in the App Store! šŸŽ‰ Weā€™d like to express our gratitude to our over 2,300 TestFlight users for testing the app over the last 6 months. ā¤ļø

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://cryptomator.org/blog/2021/12/21/ios-2.0/
3 Likes

Feature request here: Vault Detail: Auto-Lock Ā· Issue #64 Ā· cryptomator/ios Ā· GitHub

Great work with this release. Congratulations.

Is the desktop app (currently v1.65) compatible with the v2 iOS version?

Thanks

Yes it is.
Greetings

1 Like

Hello, thanks for these release. I just tried it out and itā€™s really good, solves almost every problem with the old iOS app.

I would like to ask you guys to consider putting an in-App purchase for tips. As an owner of the old app, I wanted to try 2.0 ASAP, and upgraded ā€˜for freeā€™.
Now, after using the new app for a bit, I would like to reconsider and pay the $1.99 for the upgrade, to help the development, which is not possible right now.
An IAP for tips would easily solve that.

1 Like

I had the same idea. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: (But I knew from the beta that it is not possible after upgrade anymore)
Maybe giving the tip via the donation page is an option for you.

1 Like

You could re-install the app and donā€™t use ā€œrestore purchaseā€. I think you should then be able to select the other upgrade option. :see_no_evil:

Edit: But yeah, weā€™ve thought about adding unrelated IAPs for tips and weā€™ll probably add them at some point, thank you for the suggestion.

I didnā€™t see I could have hit upgrade until I saw thispoat. Oh well, you guys deserve $11.99 anyways for your hard work.

My only wish for this, will there be a camera/photo upload? That also be so great!

1 Like

I bought version 1 and installed it in my device and another family memberā€™s device. Now with version 2, I can install it in mine, but for the other device when I tap on upgrade for free I get a notification that says ā€œItem Already Purchased A Family member has already purchased this. You get it for freeā€ but then I get an error ā€œError An unknown error occurredā€. How can I install version 2 on the second device?

Not directly but weā€™ll experiment with Shortcuts a lot in the next year and maybe even publish some useful shortcuts. Itā€™ll definitely be possible to create a shortcut to take a photo and then save into the Files app (inside a Cryptomator vault).

But currently it only works if the Cryptomator vault is coincidentally unlocked. Maybe we can add a Shortcut action for unlocking a vault or something like that. Thatā€™ll definitely improve the integration into iOS even further but more on that next year. :wink:

1 Like

I must admit that we donā€™t have much experience with Family Sharing but, as youā€™ve noticed, we have activated Family Sharing for all the IAPs (except the trial).

Could you try out the ā€œRestore Purchaseā€ option on the second device? If that still doesnā€™t work, please send us the log file, see: https://docs.cryptomator.org/en/latest/ios/settings/

You can send it to support@cryptomator.org.

2 Likes

Seems to be working now, thank you.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: iOS: Big files do not upload on GoogleDrive

Well done, the upgrade worked great! Can I delete old Cryptomator app now?

Would be amazing, thank you for your effort.

Yes, if you have upgraded you donā€™t need to have version 1.x installed.

1 Like