Copied files are empty

Hello,
I’m new to Cryptomator and running my first tests.
With the Android app everything ist running fine so far, BUT I need help on Linux:

On my Linux desktop (Linux Mint 19.4) I have two major issues:

1. when I copy files into a mounted vault (with a copying prozess obviously copying some data in a reasonable time) they “arrive” EMPTY!
    There appear only files with the corresponding file name and type but with no content and zero size!
    (Looking into the vault from Android app shows the same. Copying files from within the Android app works fine and is accessible from within the Linux app.)

2. and: sometimes an action within the Linux file explorer Nemo (when Cryptomator vaults are mounted) or just locking/unmounting a Cryptomator vault from within the Linux app seizes the whole system !!! Then I have to restart the desktop… :frowning:
    (There are no other circumstances that manage to seize or stop running my Linux; this I remember to have experienced with Windows and why I left it for Linux!)

Thanks for help!

Hey and welcome to the community :slightly_smiling_face:!

If you look at the log file, are there any errors?
You can also send it to me by a personal message.

Which Cryptomator version do you use?
Are you using FUSE or WebDAV? (this can be checked under Settings → Virtual Drive)

Wie sende ich eine PM? :flushed:

Hallo Julian,

vielen Dank für Deine Hilfe!
cryptomator-1.5.8-x86_64
FUSE

Werde es mir morgen gleich anschauen…

Das Problem ist, dass der Ordner aus der Cloud indem sich der Tresor befindet mittels gvfs in das System gemounted wird, dabei schlagen manche IO-Operationen fehl, hier ein Auszug aus dem Log:

22:20:19.852 [Thread-730] TRACE o.c.frontend.fuse.OpenFileFactory - Opening 6 OpenFile{path=/character strengths.jpg, channel=org.cryptomator.cryptofs.ch.CleartextFileChannel@31f7fd74}
22:20:19.854 [Thread-732] TRACE o.c.frontend.fuse.ReadOnlyAdapter - release /character strengths.jpg (6)
22:20:19.855 [Thread-732] TRACE o.c.frontend.fuse.OpenFileFactory - Releasing 6 OpenFile{path=/character strengths.jpg, channel=org.cryptomator.cryptofs.ch.CleartextFileChannel@31f7fd74}
22:20:19.855 [Thread-729] ERROR o.c.f.fuse.ReadOnlyFileHandler - Error closing file.
java.nio.file.FileSystemException: /run/user/1000/gvfs/dav:host=xxx,ssl=true,user=yyy/...VOEXqJhPo4CVKsPHKuFkAIsaK4KW.c9r: Vorgang wird nicht unterstützt
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileAttributeViews$Basic.setTimes(Unknown Source)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.ch.CleartextFileChannel.persistLastModified(CleartextFileChannel.java:238)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.ch.CleartextFileChannel.implCloseChannel(CleartextFileChannel.java:306)
	at java.base/java.nio.channels.spi.AbstractInterruptibleChannel.close(Unknown Source)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.OpenFile.close(OpenFile.java:98)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.OpenFileFactory.close(OpenFileFactory.java:74)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.ReadOnlyFileHandler.release(ReadOnlyFileHandler.java:84)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.ReadOnlyAdapter.release(ReadOnlyAdapter.java:229)
	at ru.serce.jnrfuse.AbstractFuseFS.lambda$init$7(AbstractFuseFS.java:144)
	at jnr.ffi.provider.jffi.NativeClosureProxy$$impl$$14.invoke(Unknown Source)

(Host und User im Log-Auszug habe ich geändert)

Ein entsprechendes Issue gibt es bei Github:

Ein Workaround wäre (wie in dem Issue beschrieben) den Ordner aus der Cloud statt mittels gvfs, mit davfs2 zu mounten.