Cannot upload files

Dear Cryptomator Community,

Device: Samsung Galaxy A53 with OneUI 5.1 / Android 13
Cryptomator 1.8.1 from Google Play Store
Vault is located on WebDAV share from mailbox.org

Issue: I cannot upload files to my Vault. Error message “An error occured” / “Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten”
Steps to reproduce: Open the vault, tap “+”, tap “Upload file”
Expected behavour: File upload to vault is possible.

Note that I can open files from my vault without issues. File upload worked without issues 3 weeks ago.

Any help is appreciated!

Kind regards,

wurstsemmel

Can you please enable debug mode, reproduce the problem and send us the log file: How do I enable debug mode on Android?

Thank you for looking into this. I have sent the debug log via E-Mail referring to this topic.

I investigated the topic a little further:

• I can create new folders in the Android App
  • I can upload files on Fedora Linux with Cryptomator flatpak (edit: no, not really as long as the cloud storage is full ;-))
  • Somehow I managed to upload a pdf through Android Share Menu, but I cannot reproduce it
  • Upload of .pdf or .jpg in the Android App continues to not work

Kind regards.

Thanks for your log file.

Mailbox.org does return HTTP status code 507 which means “Insufficient Storage”. I created Show insufficient storage dialog · Issue #489 · cryptomator/android · GitHub because in this case we should show a specific error: The response from the cloud is that the available storage space is full - or at least the file to be uploaded would exceed the limit.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I did not consider this option. I emptied the cloud storage trash bin and now everything works as expected.

1 Like