Cannot Unlock Vault After OS Reinstall

I had been running Cryptomator on my NAS without any problems prior to this. I needed to reinstall my OS, so when I installed Cryptomator again I suddenly cannot access my vault that was previously fine earlier the same day. I have tried using older versions of Cryptomator, I even tried using version 1.4.15 knowing it would not work because I had already updated my masterkey to the new version. I was correct. I have tried rebooting many times. I have tried removing and instilling Dokan and using previous versions, again knowing that it would probably not work. The symptoms are: when I install Cryptomator it installs normally. After I start the program I look for my vault on the network drive and I am able to select it. When I am prompted to enter my password I do and click unlock. However at this step the password bot just shakes and I can’t do anything. If I click on unlock again the box just shakes again. If I hit cancel I can’t access my vault. I can’t copy the vault over, the vault is too big
Here is the log:

[JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.ui.launcher.FxApplicationStarter - JavaFX Runtime started.
[JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  org.cryptomator.jni.FunctionsLoader - loaded WinFunctions.dll
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG org.cryptomator.logging.DebugMode - Debug mode enabled
[App Scheduled Executor 01] DEBUG o.c.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Attempting to save settings to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
[App Scheduled Executor 01] INFO  o.c.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Settings saved to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.u.a.AddVaultWelcomeController - AddVaultWelcomeController.chooseExistingVault()
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.CommonsModule - Starting App Scheduled Executor 02
[JavaFX Application Thread] WARN  o.c.keychain.KeychainManager - LOAD
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.k.WindowsProtectedKeychainAccess - Attempting to load keychain from C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\keychain.json
[JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.k.WindowsProtectedKeychainAccess - Unable to load existing keychain file, creating new keychain.
[App Scheduled Executor 01] DEBUG o.c.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Attempting to save settings to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
[App Scheduled Executor 01] INFO  o.c.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Settings saved to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.CommonsModule - Starting App Background Thread 003
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.cryptomator.ui.fxapp.FxApplication - Showing UnlockWindow for Nothing to See Here
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.common.vaults.VaultStats - stop recording stats
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.ui.launcher.AppLifecycleListener - Allow quitting without prompt: false
[JavaFX Application Thread] TRACE o.c.ui.unlock.UnlockController - UnlockController.unlock()
[App Background Thread 003] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Vault - Determining file name length limitations...
[App Background Thread 003] INFO  org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Vault - Storing file name length limit of 220
[App Background Thread 003] DEBUG o.cryptomator.cryptofs.ReadonlyFlag - Vault opened for read and write.
[App Scheduled Executor 02] DEBUG o.c.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Attempting to save settings to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
[App Scheduled Executor 02] INFO  o.c.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Settings saved to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.ui.unlock.UnlockController - Unlock canceled by user.
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.common.vaults.VaultStats - stop recording stats
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.ui.launcher.AppLifecycleListener - Allow quitting without prompt: true
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.cryptomator.ui.fxapp.FxApplication - Showing Preferences
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.cryptomator.ui.fxapp.FxApplication - Showing Preferences

Check this please

I had already suspected the password pasting wrong. I have looked at the password entered several times and compared to what was entered and they are identical. I do also see in the log that it states that the vault was “opened” so I was thinking some sort of bug. Otherwise I am 100% sure the password being wrong or entered wrong is not the solution

So I found something interesting. I quit the application after inputting my password and leaving the password input box open. I did this by selecting the icon in the taskbar and right clicking on Quit. When I did that I was prompted: “Quit application? There are unlocked vaults.”. I have the options “Cancel” and “Lock and Quit”. So for some reason Cryptomator is telling me my password is wrong, unlocking the vault, and not showing me the vault. Again the logs back this up as they are once again saying I opened and locked the vault:

[main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.logging.DebugMode - Debug mode enabled
[main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.launcher.IpcFactory - [Client] Failed to connect.
[main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.launcher.IpcFactory - [Server] Wrote IPC port 51200 to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\ipcPort.bin
[main] DEBUG o.c.launcher.IpcProtocolImpl - Received launch args: 
[main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Did not find running application instance. Launching GUI...
[main] DEBUG o.c.ui.traymenu.TrayIconController - initialized tray icon
[main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.CommonsModule - Starting App Background Thread 001
[App Background Thread 001] DEBUG o.c.ui.launcher.FxApplicationStarter - Starting JavaFX runtime...
[main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.CommonsModule - Starting App Background Thread 002
[JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.ui.launcher.FxApplicationStarter - JavaFX Runtime started.
[JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  org.cryptomator.jni.FunctionsLoader - loaded WinFunctions.dll
[JavaFX Application Thread] TRACE o.cryptomator.ui.fxapp.FxApplication - FxApplication.start()
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG org.cryptomator.ui.common.FontLoader - Loaded family: Font Awesome 5 Free Solid
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.u.m.MainWindowTitleController - init MainWindowTitleController
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.u.m.MainWindowController - init MainWindowController
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.cryptomator.ui.fxapp.FxApplication - Showing MainWindow
[JavaFX Application Thread] WARN  o.c.keychain.KeychainManager - LOAD
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.k.WindowsProtectedKeychainAccess - Attempting to load keychain from C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\keychain.json
[JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.k.WindowsProtectedKeychainAccess - Unable to load existing keychain file, creating new keychain.
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.CommonsModule - Starting App Background Thread 003
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.cryptomator.ui.fxapp.FxApplication - Showing UnlockWindow for Nothing to See Here
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.ui.launcher.AppLifecycleListener - Allow quitting without prompt: false
[JavaFX Application Thread] TRACE o.c.ui.unlock.UnlockController - UnlockController.unlock()
[App Background Thread 003] DEBUG o.cryptomator.cryptofs.ReadonlyFlag - Vault opened for read and write.
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.cryptomator.ui.fxapp.FxApplication - Showing QuitWindow
[JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.CommonsModule - Starting App Background Thread 004
[JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.cryptomator.ui.quit.QuitController - Locked 
[main] INFO  org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - UI shut down
[ShutdownTasks] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.ShutdownHook - Running graceful shutdown tasks...

Hopefully there is a fix

There is no fix, because your vault is not unlocked due to a wrong password.

The log message

is misleading. It should state the intention how the vault should be opened, not that it is already unlocked.

That off the table, please make a copy of your current masterkey file, then rename the backup masterkey (ending with .bkup) to masterkey.cryptomator and try to unlock your vault again.