Bug: can not save changes anymore (unless I change file name)

Using Win 10, MS Office 2013
Tested on Cryptomator 1.4.0 and 1.3.4

When I make changes to an existing file and save them, the changes are gone when I reopen the file. Weirdly they reappear as soon as I rename the file to something else. This weird bug causes a lot of problems for me.
It doesn’t matter if the file is in my Dropbox or on the desktopt, Cryptomator seems unwilling to recognize any alterations within the file if I don’t rename the file altogether.

Any idea on what could be the problem? I’m pretty lost.

Thanks a lot in advance

Does this happen with both network interfaces? (WebDAV, Dokany)?
There are known issues with windows WebDAV and Microsoft office upload center.
E.g: Office Upload Center may interfere with saving to Cryptomator drives
(Or just search for „office“)

Reinstalled 1.4.0 with Dokany drivers, now it works perfectly! Thank you very much!

1 Like

Curiously I am once again confronted with the same bug. I am using the latest version 1.4.15 using Dokany. Tried reinstalling Cryptomator.

Whenever I try to save changes to an existing MS Excel file, a .tmp file is created within the folder but the original file stays unmodified, also the “Date last modified” remains the same.

(I just noticed this only happens about 3 out of 5 times, sometimes it saves as usual…)

Which version of dokany?

Good question. How can I check the Dokany version number? Can’t find it in the Cryptomator App.

Dokany is a third party software. You can find it in the list of installed software in your windows settings.