Android app can't access university-provided Google Drive account

Hey everyone! I’m trying to access my masterkey file which I’ve uploaded onto my university-provided Google Drive account, but I’m not able to do it. Here’s what happened:

1. I open the Cryptomator app on my Android

2. Click the + button

3. Add existing vault

4. Google Drive

5. Select my university email for Google Drive

6. And then I get a short popup in the bottom that says “An error occurred”

It doesn’t seem to be a problem on my trainer Google Drive account. Cryptomator will give me a prompt to give it permission to view my Google Drive, but I don’t get the prompt on my university account.

Anyone know the solution?

1 Like

Hopefully bumping this old thread is allowed.

Just bought and downloaded the Android app yesterday. Having the same problem unfortunately.

It does not show the page to ask for app permissions. If it did, at least I would be able to submit a request to an admin of the organization to add Cryptomator to the whitelist if I can get the client ID from the Error 400: admin_policy_enforced message.

Anyone have a solution? Would it be more helpful to send a log file?

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for not responding yet.

Yes, a log file with enabled debug mode would be a good starting point for further investigations: How do I enable debug mode on Android?

Just reproduced the error using debug mode and created a logs.zip file. What would be the easiest way to share this? :slight_smile:

Edit: Finished reading that link, I will send an e-mail as instructed

1 Like

In the log it only shows a Caused by: com.google.android.gms.auth.a: ServiceDisabled message. So far that has not really been much help.

If I have understood this correctly, does this type of account usually open a dialog asking you for permission and using this request you can access a client ID which an admin can enable?

1 Like

According to the school’s support page, there should be a page that looks like this:

I blacked out the name of the school just to keep it a bit more private. The instructions to request a third party app to be allowed is to send in this client id and to give a description of the app. Since the school already whitelisted Cyberduck, I’m assuming that whitelisting Cryptomator shouldn’t be that hard :slight_smile:

Edit: To simply answer your question: Yes, it usually opens a dialog asking for permission.

1 Like