1.5.0 Final issue with Windows 7 ESU and 8

This is actually what we did here. You can still use Cryptomator on Windows 7. The only thing that changed is, that we do not support it, because we can not support it with missing upstream support.

1 Like

oh, great… i didn’t dare to try it before asking,because on the download page was saying “min Win 10” :)).
I’m trying it now!

btw, I also posted another question in regard to the Android app (Cryptomator on Android - do you recommend it?), if you can take a look over it.

Thanks for such quick response and implication from the cryptomator team!

Hi guys, I have just come across this thread - the thread is named 1.5.0 Final issue with Windows 7 and 8 but this compatibility matrix seems to suggest otherwise.

Am I reading either the thread or the docs incorrectly?

Thanks

This is the documentation for Cryptomator 1.4.x. The most current version is 1.5.x, i.e. the major version differs. This matrix is also not present in the documentation for 1.5.x.

Thanks @infeo - just to be clear, I am looking for what the latest version that supports Windows 7 32-bit is?

I went with what the 1.4 page I posted earlier said because that was the only one I could find, so I assumed that 1.3.4 was the latest compatible version for 32-bit OS versions.

Well, 1.3.4 was the last version where we offically supported 32bit systems and created releases for it.

It may still run on such systems, but you need to figure it out on your own. See

1 Like