WinFSP: How to use it

Hey Community,

Remark: Since Cryptomator 1.6.8 we officially ship Crpytomator with WinFSP in the Exe-Installer :slightly_smiling_face:

if you are on Windows and experience trouble with Dokany or WebDAV, since Cryptomator 1.5.9 you can try a new virtual volume provider: WinFSP.
We implemented support for it because it might lead to less code maintenance in the long term and it showed promising stability and performance in test runs.

Remark

Switching from any virtual volume provider to FUSE/WinFSP has one main issues: Custom mount options differ and hence they must be reset. The older options will be lost afterwards.

If you are using Winfsp in a version below 1.11 and you are logged in with an AzureAD account, you can access your vault only read-only.

How to use

Just follow these steps:

1. Download and execute installer from the WinFSP homepage: Download · WinFsp (skip this step if you installed Cryptomator via the offical EXE installer)

2. Start Cryptomator (or restart it, if already running), open general preferences, go to the virtual volume tab and select the FUSE in the dropdown menu.
    grafik

3. For vaults with custom mount options enabled, untick the regarding checkbox.
    grafik

That’s it, you are ready to go.

If you experience problems using it, search our issue tracker on Github: Issues · cryptomator/cryptomator · GitHub

7 Likes

@infeo winfsp is working wonderfully but what would be the solution to the admin user issue mentioned here when using winfsp?
thanks!

Thanks with WinFSP with Windows 11 works great!

2 Likes

like better then Dokany? :slight_smile:

What is the prefered volume provider for Cryptomator? And what are the advantages / disadvantages of them?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Language Chinese, problems with WinSFP and Dokany

Hello,

I can confirm, it works perfectly on Win 11.

If possible, please add this feature to the documentation.

Best

I don’t know why, but following these instructions allowed me to view and export encrypted videos! :smiley:

A post was split to a new topic: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von Word Dokumenten

A post was split to a new topic: Exact Audio Copy (EAC) crashes