Windows 7 64 Invalid Memory Access

I know this works with Win7-64, as I tried it on a VM.
On my Desktop, its failing:
No AV, sfc /scannow ok.
Any help gratefully received!

14:30:27.035 [main] INFO  org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Starting Cryptomator 1.4.13 on Windows 7 6.1 (amd64)
14:30:27.167 [main] INFO  o.c.launcher.IpcProtocolImpl - Received launch args: 

14:30:35.449 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  o.c.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Settings saved to C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
14:30:37.610 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG o.c.k.WindowsProtectedKeychainAccess - Attempting to load keychain from C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\keychain.json
14:30:37.610 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.k.WindowsProtectedKeychainAccess - Unable to load existing keychain file, creating new keychain.
14:30:46.293 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG o.c.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Attempting to save settings to C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
14:30:46.303 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  o.c.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Settings saved to C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
14:31:00.529 [Background Thread 2] DEBUG o.cryptomator.cryptofs.ReadonlyFlag - Vault opened for read and write.
14:31:00.990 [Background Thread 2] INFO  com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver - Dokany version: 130
14:31:00.990 [Background Thread 2] INFO  com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver - Dokany driver version: 400
14:31:00.990 [Background Thread 2] DEBUG o.c.frontend.dokany.MountFactory - Mounting on I:\: ...
14:31:01.354 [Background Thread 3] TRACE o.c.frontend.dokany.ReadWriteAdapter - mounted() is called.
14:31:01.360 [Background Thread 3] WARN  com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver - Error while mounting
java.lang.Error: Invalid memory access

What version of Dokany do you have installed?

Hi, Its 1.3.0.1000. It was installed with the Cryptomator package.
I have tried preinstalling Dokany. There is a slightly later version on github. That didn’t help.
I reverted to the Cryptomator supplied version…

Regards,

I guess we need to find out what is makes the difference between your VM and your Desktop.

As a workaround you can go to Preferences and switch the volume type to WebDAV in the meantime.

That works! Slow though. I’ve just updated to 1.4.14, no improvement…
Thanks
Regards,

As I said, it is not meant as a solution, just as a workaround until you can tell the difference between both systems.

I’ve got and answer! not a good one though.
My system was installed in 2011. After 8+ years it had quite a bit of trash including multiple MS CPP+ libraries.

I dicked around with these and made it worse.
Solution! Buy new SSD and reinstall!. Which I didn’t mind doing consider the time scale. Also I used wsusoffline to cache the Updates. In 2020-04, Win7 will be out of support, so this is an auspicious time to ensure my Win7 is perfect.

Of course Crypotomator now runs fine!

Hello!

I have a similar problem under Windows 10 Pro, I am using Cryptomator 1.4.15. I work with Total Commander, a file manager, see www.ghisler.com. Until recently (a few days ago), I could delete files in my Cryptomator vault using the key F8 without problems. Now the delete key F8 doesn’t work. The key combination Shift + F8 (deleting without Recycle Bin) doesn’t work either. But if I click on the file in Total Commander with the right mouse key to open the menu and choose Delete in the menu, I can delete the file. This is quite weird … I don’t know whether this is the same error as in for the Mac OS. I cannot tag this post as referring to the Windows OS.

Here is the part of the log which contains an error:

15:14:26.374 [Background Thread 4] INFO  com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver - Unmount and shutdown: S:\
15:14:26.381 [Background Thread 3] WARN  com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver - Error while mounting
java.lang.Error: Invalid memory access
	at com.dokany.java.NativeMethods.DokanMain(Native Method)
	at com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver.start(DokanyDriver.java:62)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
15:14:26.616 [Background Thread 4] ERROR o.cryptomator.frontend.dokany.Mount - Dokany driver terminated abnormally.
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.Error: Invalid memory access
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:205)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.dokany.Mount.close(Mount.java:67)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.model.DokanyVolume.unmount(DokanyVolume.java:99)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.model.Vault.lock(Vault.java:132)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.controllers.UnlockedController.lambda$regularLockVault$1(UnlockedController.java:116)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.util.Tasks.lambda$create$0(Tasks.java:33)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.util.Tasks$TaskImpl.call(Tasks.java:139)
	at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1425)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Caused by: java.lang.Error: Invalid memory access
	at com.dokany.java.NativeMethods.DokanMain(Native Method)
	at com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver.start(DokanyDriver.java:62)
	... 5 common frames omitted
15:14:26.662 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.k.WindowsProtectedKeychainAccess - Unable to load existing keychain file, creating new keychain.
15:14:28.728 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - JavaFX application stopped.
15:14:28.730 [main] INFO  org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Shutting down...
15:14:28.744 [Thread-0] INFO  o.c.launcher.CleanShutdownPerformer - Goodbye.

Hope this helps and thank you for looking into this issue!

Weird indeed. But since deleting itself seems to work (the file system doesn’t distinguish between ⇧F8, F8 and the context menu), I don’t think this is related to the Mac problem.

This is rather related to this issue, which can normally be solved by simply updating Dokany. In this one specific case mentioned above there seems to be a further problem with old MSCPP libraries, though.

Hello overheadhunter,

thank you very much for your reply, and apologies for mixing this up with the MacOS issue.

Updating the MSCPP libraries did not change anything, but updating Doany manually to v.1.3.1 did the trick, the problem ist solved. Thanks again!