Hi, I have created a Cryptomator vault and moved about 500GB of data to it. However, at this point when I try to move more files I receive the Windows error:
There is not enough memory to complete this operation.
Even if I try to move a few files at a time, say 50 small files less than 50 MB in total, I still receive this error. I have this problem when I move files from an external drive to the vault but not the other way around.
My Windows filesystem is in
C:\ while the external drive
D:\ has a folder, say
My Folder, that I want to move to the vault (also in the external drive). The folder structure looks like:
This PC |--- C:\ |--- D:\My Folder |--- D:\Cryptomator Vault
Note: Since creating the vault, I have changed the filesystem a few times. I initially used WebDAV, then FUSE and now Dokany. I cannot recall if I have locked the vault or restarted Cryptomator before making such change. But, I have forced-locked the vault a few times.
Things I have tried:
- Start > View advanced system settings > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Change… > Uncheck “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” > Choose
C:\> Custom size: > Initial size (MB): 50000, Maximum size (MB): 50000. I repeated this step for the external drive
D:\and for the Cryptomator mount point
E:\> Restart Windows.
- Run Command Prompt as administrator > Run
sfc /sccannow> Restart Windows.
So, I have a couple of questions:
- What causes this issue and does Cryptomator have a dedicated pagefile or is there any mount flag I can edit to increase the virtual memory for the vault?
- Is there an issue with data integrity or performance due to me changing Cryptomator filesystems (WebDAV, FUSE, Dokany)?
My installation is
- Cryptomator 1.6.5
- Filesystem: Dokany 220.127.116.110
- Custom Mount Flags:
--thread-count 5 --timeout 10000 --allocation-unit-size 4096 --sector-size 4096