When wil FUSE-T support be stable and not experimental?

Title says it all. I want to make use of Cryptomator. But I feel like Apple has slowly been nerfing Cryptomator’s ability to work properly.

So far, I would recommend FUSE.

That’s what I switched to, and it seems to work better than the other choices. I’m just worried another Mac OS update is going to break FUSE.

Well, the download page now recommends Fuse-T for Apple Silicon. But the settings in the app still list Fuse-T as “Experimental.”

I can’t get Fuse-T to work. All appears good, and I can create a vault, but when I try to copy a bunch of files to my encrypted vault, the mounted drive disconnects half-way through the file transfer. Any thoughts? Is there any way to re-install Fuse-T?

Hypnoman

1 Like

I have tried both: Fuse and Fuse-T. But Fuse-T doesn’t work properly. Using Fuse-T, I can’t copy or download files to macOS. I always get the following error massage:

Using Fuse, I don’t have this issue.

To answer the opening question:

When wil FUSE-T support be stable and not experimental?

When FUSE-T is runs stable. With the last MacOS version (macOS 15.0.1 Sequoia), FUSE-T showed (again) stability problems, see FUSE-T: Server connections interrupted · Issue #3569 · cryptomator/cryptomator · GitHub

If you experience similar problems, look into the linked issue, maybe the described workaround helps.