When saving changes to .docx file multiple folders created, file lost

Hello all,

I’ve been using cryptomator for a while now to encrypt files saved to OneDrive. I recently started using Fuse-T after months of dealing with the limitations and frustrations of WebDAV. However, I’ve started having the following issue:

Cryptomator Version: 1.7.5 (also occurred with 1.7.3 and 1.7.4)
Fuse-T Version: 1.0.18

I am able to save a .docx file or copy and paste one into the Fuse-T volume. However, if I make any changes and attempt to save that file again, several folders are made with the following naming format:

documentname.docx.sb-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxx

After several seconds of pinwheeling, the original file is removed and I receive a Word popup stating “There has been a network or file permission error. The network connection may be lost.” and a prompt to save the file again.

I have disabled all autosaves/backups in Word preferences.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I guess I’m stuck using the WebDAV unless I can figure this out.

1 Like

Have the same issue.
Encrypted files saved to Google Drive.

Before moving to fuse-t i used macFuse. Everything was OK.

I have this as well. Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Word
  2. Write a sentence.
  3. Save to a vault

Expected behavior:
File saves at selected location

Observed behavior:
The file is not in the selected folder, but several empty folders appear in the selected folder.

Cryptomator 1.7.5
FUST-T 1.0.18
Mac Mini M2 Pro 13.3.1
Office 365

1 Like

I’ve also managed to reproduce a bug. Created a bug in GitHub: Can't save new Microsoft Word file in vault · Issue #2858 · cryptomator/cryptomator · GitHub

Same issue: 1.7.5 with Fuse-T still corrupts office files