Unable to "Upgrade Vault" on Mac

When attempting to access my vault on my Mac, it says “Your vault needs to be upgraded to a new format, before you can access it.” I click on the “Upgrade Vault” button, but I receive this unexpected error (details listed below). Any ideas on how to mitigate this issue? I can access my vault from my iPhone without any problems, it’s just limited to my Mac.

org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.PreMigrationVisitor$PreMigrationChecksFailedException: Migration impossible due to file: .BEMQZUYXCYCPR7ZNAXHEOGVIFAO5NA7C.lng.icloud
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.PreMigrationVisitor.assertNotBlacklisted(PreMigrationVisitor.java:101)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.PreMigrationVisitor.visitFile(PreMigrationVisitor.java:64)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.PreMigrationVisitor.visitFile(PreMigrationVisitor.java:14)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Unknown Source)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.Version7Migrator.migrate(Version7Migrator.java:83)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.Migrators.migrate(Migrators.java:112)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.migration.MigrationRunController.lambda$migrate$2(MigrationRunController.java:115)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.common.Tasks$TaskImpl.call(Tasks.java:139)
	at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1425)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

To migrate your vault, it must be fully synced to your computer. In your case this is not given.

As other cloud storage providers, Apples iCloud offers a feature to save space on the local harddrive by keep the files only in the cloud and download them on demand. To achieve it, a dummy file with the ending .icloud is saved at the location of the real file.

To fully download your vault, read this post:

Thanks! The Cryptomator folder in iCloud showed a dashed line cloud, stating “Waiting to upload,” and I wasn’t able to manually tell iCloud to fully sync that folder. I had to disable the Optimize Mac Storage option to get it to work.