Unable to unlock vault - "Device not configured"

Hello,

I am a new user to Cryptomator and have just installed Cryptomator 1.4.0-beta2 (1194) on mac OS 10.13.6.

I have opted for this beta version since it operates with FUSE (3.8.2) instead of WebDAV and therefore avoids the sudden unmounting problems that I faced when I tried to copy a large amount of files to a vault (see https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator/issues/579).

I thus created three different vaults, one for testing purposes and the two others containing about 5Gb of files. These three vaults are synchronised in the cloud with Dropbox.

After last exiting Cryptomator desktop on my Mac and restarting it, the testing vault and the first other one opened without problem. However, the third vault did not automatically open, and I could not open it either manually. Here is what the log contains:

“18:13:57.476 [JavaFX Application Thread] ERROR o.c.ui.controllers.UnlockController - Unlock failed for technical reasons.
java.nio.file.FileSystemException: /Users/rafjaf/Library/Application Support/Cryptomator/VaultBLNPx9WdQoTw: Device not configured
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newDirectoryStream(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newDirectoryStream(Unknown Source)
at org.cryptomator.ui.model.FuseVolume.createDirIfNotExist(FuseVolume.java:63)
at org.cryptomator.ui.model.FuseVolume.mount(FuseVolume.java:53)
at org.cryptomator.ui.model.Vault.unlock(Vault.java:107)
at org.cryptomator.ui.controllers.UnlockController.lambda$didClickUnlockButton$0(UnlockController.java:427)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.Tasks.lambda$create$0(Tasks.java:33)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.Tasks$TaskImpl.call(Tasks.java:139)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
18:14:09.413 [JavaFX Application Thread] WARN o.c.k.WindowsProtectedKeychainAccess - Windows DataProtection module loaded, but no cryptomator.keychainPath property found.”

Strangely enough, this vault does not seem corrupted as I can still mount it using WebDAV or access it using Cyberduck.

Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem?

I thank you in advance for your kind answer.

Sorry, I may have panicked and called too quickly to the community : newbie here :slight_smile:
Actually, after restarting the computer, the three vaults opened without fault.
Still, might be of interest to some of you…
Best regards

see
https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator/issues/660