Unable to unlock vault after updating to v.1.9.1 (flathub)

Hi all, after updating my client to v 1.9.1 via flathub (Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS) my client is not able to open my vault anymore, giving me some fuse-related error (see below). This seems to be a recurrent issue every time there is an update. The client was working normally before the update and now it is broken. The AppImage works as intended, so surely this isn’t anything related to my settings…

Error Code 6HCL:2GTN:8714
org.cryptomator.integrations.mount.MountFailedException: org.cryptomator.jfuse.api.FuseMountFailedException: fuse_mount failed
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse@3.0.0/org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.LinuxFuseMountProvider$LinuxFuseMountBuilder.mount(LinuxFuseMountProvider.java:116)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.9.1/org.cryptomator.common.mount.Mounter.mount(Mounter.java:134)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.9.1/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Vault.unlock(Vault.java:150)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.9.1/org.cryptomator.ui.keyloading.KeyLoadingStrategy.use(KeyLoadingStrategy.java:79)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.9.1/org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.attemptUnlock(UnlockWorkflow.java:70)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.9.1/org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.call(UnlockWorkflow.java:60)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.9.1/org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.call(UnlockWorkflow.java:31)
	at javafx.graphics@20.0.1/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniAccept.tryFire(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$Completion.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.cryptomator.jfuse.api.FuseMountFailedException: fuse_mount failed
	at org.cryptomator.jfuse.linux.amd64@0.5.1/org.cryptomator.jfuse.linux.amd64.FuseImpl.mount(FuseImpl.java:35)
	at org.cryptomator.jfuse.api@0.5.1/org.cryptomator.jfuse.api.Fuse.mount(Fuse.java:127)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse@3.0.0/org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.LinuxFuseMountProvider$LinuxFuseMountBuilder.mount(LinuxFuseMountProvider.java:113)
	... 13 more

Welcome to the Cryptomator Community :slightly_smiling_face:

thanks for reporting this. We investigated the issue and found out that develop builds got leaked into the production and triggered an update for users. We will fix this asap and afterwards a simple flatpak update org.cryptomator.Cryptomator should do the trick.

Holy moly.

Definitely wasted over half a day trying to debug this issue.

It coincided with me updating some other things, so I had to rule them out first.

Uffff. Well, I’m glad to have found this post, and the solution posted below worked.

I’m a bit of a Linux noob. Ok, not a bit, a MASSIVE Linux noob, so presumably with more experience I could have figured out the solution quicker.

Lessons learnt.