Trying to add an existing vault throws java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException

I had installed Cryptomator on Windows but recently switched to Linux while my vault-files were on an external harddrive. Now when I’m using the .AppImage Cryptomator download for Linux to add these already existing vault files, I get a java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException - not a vault directory as answer and can’t access my files. Meanwhile my Android App works just fine, can someone help me here please? I provided the complete errormessage down below. I would appreciate any help, Greetings

java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /"censored the exact path to the vault": Not a vault directory
	at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.VaultListManager.add(VaultListManager.java:56)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.addvaultwizard.ChooseExistingVaultController.chooseFileAndNext(ChooseExistingVaultController.java:82)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javafx.reflect.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:76)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javafx.reflect.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:273)
	at com.sun.javafx.fxml.MethodHelper.invoke(MethodHelper.java:83)
	at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1784)
	at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(FXMLLoader.java:1670)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:234)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)
	at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
	at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:8885)
	at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:203)
	at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:206)
	at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.inputmap.InputMap.handle(InputMap.java:274)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:247)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:234)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
	at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
	at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3890)
	at javafx.scene.Scene.processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1885)
	at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2618)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:409)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:299)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$2(GlassViewEventHandler.java:447)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:412)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:446)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:556)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:942)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.lambda$runLoop$11(GtkApplication.java:277)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Welcome to the Cryptomator Community :slight_smile:

when you say “vault-files” do you actually mean your vault, i.e. the directory which has the same name as the vault and contains the masterkey file and d directory? These are the two essential ingredients that a vault is detected as one. Additionally the masterkey file must be readable.

Also important is the version of Cryptomator you are using

What do you refer to by saying the Android app works fine? Can you open the regarding vault in your app?

I meant actually everything. I never touched these files since I closed Cryptomator on Windows to install Linux until I tried to open them in the Linux version of Cryptomator. The file names are correct and if I’m not mistaken (I’m really new to Linux) every right regarding reading/writing/access should be granted.
The Android App is able to open, encrypt, read and change files. I don’t know if it is important, but as a Cloud Provider I’m using OneDrive. The Cryptomator Desktop Version ist 1.5.3 (appimage-1)

I am… confused now.^^
You say your vault is on an external harddrive, but you seem to be able to access the vault on it in the android app. This should not be possible, since the android app can either only open local vaults on your phone or vaults located on cloud storage…

To help you further, i need some more input about your setup.