The network path was not found

Hi,
I recently started using Cryptomator, and was so impressed I bought a license key. I have been using my vaults with no isse for a week or so, but today whenever I tried to open any vault I got the following error:

org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Volume$VolumeException: org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.Mounter$CommandFailedException: Command failed with exit code 2. Expected 0. Stderr: System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.WebDavVolume.mountServlet(WebDavVolume.java:86)
at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.WebDavVolume.mount(WebDavVolume.java:48)
at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Vault.unlock(Vault.java:151)
at org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.attemptUnlock(UnlockWorkflow.java:100)
at org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.call(UnlockWorkflow.java:81)
at org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.call(UnlockWorkflow.java:44)
at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1425)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.Mounter$CommandFailedException: Command failed with exit code 2. Expected 0. Stderr: System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.ProcessUtil.assertExitValue(ProcessUtil.java:28)
at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.WindowsMounter.mount(WindowsMounter.java:43)
at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.servlet.WebDavServletController.mount(WebDavServletController.java:102)
at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.WebDavVolume.mountServlet(WebDavVolume.java:84)
... 12 more

This was on 1.5.14 (exe-2794.223) but the issue remained after upgrading to the newest version today.

This error also happens when I create a new vault and try to unlock it.

This was OK after I went to the settings and changed Volume Type to “Dokany”. Did I tweak that setting before without noticing? Possibly. Anyway, I am relieved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and thanks @kaimitai for this solution!

I’ve been using Cryptomator since the first betas and only encountered this problem with the latest version, as Dokany was used to solve most of this kind of problems.

Unfortunately, the upgrade installation of one of the last versions seems to have automatically switched from Dokany to WebDAV, and thus I also had this problem.
So: best to check in the options if Dokany is still selected.
BR,
TP