Sync Question Locked or Unlocked Vault?

Hello, I have a question. I have two hard drives A & B they are mirrored using freefilesync.org software. If I added a vault to A containing files. Then I started my sync it will copy it to B. Now assuming I changed the files on the vault on A. When I sync will I get the change on B? Also when I sync I always sync when the vault is LOCKED is that okay or I have to unlock it in order to sync? just to mention I try syncing when the vault is locked and it worked fine so I am just making sure.

Hi. Vault files are just encrypted files of what’s in the vault (to put it in very simple terms). And the encryption is on-the-fly. When you change a file in your vault, the vault files itself changes accordingly.
So yes: if you sync your vault files from A to B, changes will be synced too. It does not matter if the vault is closed or open due to the “on-the-fly” encryption. (keep in mind that files which are actually in use might be excluded from the sync. Depends on the sync software. I dont have experience with freefilesync)

1 Like

Thank you I understood now.

1 Like