[Solved] "The procedure entry point JVM_GetLastErrorString could not be located ..." Error at Startup

Hi,

I’m new to Cryptomator and couldn’t find a solution to my problem. Whenever I start Cryptomator I get the following error message: “The procedure entry point JVM_GetLastErrorString could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_202\bin\zip.dll.” When I confirm the message with OK (the only button), Cryptomator seems to start normally.

How can I prevent this error message and use Cryptomator without problems? I guess Cryptomator needs to use its own Java runtime located at “C:\Program Files\Cryptomator\runtime” instead of my installed version. How can I achieve that? I don’t like to uninstall / update Java, because it’s needed for other software.

I’m using Cryptomator version 1.5.11 under Windows 10 Education version 1909, 64 bit.

Welcome to the Cryptomator Community :slight_smile:

Here ya go: https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator/issues/1469#issuecomment-752024804

1 Like

Thanks for your warm welcome and the link.

The workaround to change the “start in” folder of Cryptomator’s shortcuts to its own Java location (“C:\Program Files\Cryptomator\runtime\bin”) worked. Thanks a lot.

Just in case you need this information for further development: I just have the JRE installed and no JDK. The statistics software SPSS is also present on my system which brings its own Java runtime and continues working without modifying anything. There are no special Java environment variables (like CLASSPATH) on my system, but Java in on my PATH.

Hello,
Excuse me, could you be nice explaining me what I need to do to get rid of this error?
I read the suggested solution.
I installed the last version of JRE
The person on the other mentioned forum said this:

“I have the same error. As a workaround I can set the “Start in” property of the Cryptomator shortcut to “C:\Program Files\Cryptomator\runtime\bin”, the place where the correct version of zip.dll is located, then the error is gone.”

I did a right click on the shortcut, I assigned the starting in location to “C:\Program Files\Cryptomator\runtime\bin” on my Desktop
This changed nothing in my case. I still have the error.
does it mean that the zip.dll in question is not the correct version?
what is the exact name of that DLL and where can I download it?

I installed Cryptomator on my laptop, yesterday, everything worked fine.
My 2 PCs are under Windows 10 pro.
Thanks for your help.