Searching files in the vault

Just moved a large archive to my vault. I can no longer search the content of the files using regular Windows search. Is there any way to do it?

Edit: I upgraded to the latest version of Cryptomator, and search started working again?!

Hi,

In case you run into this problem again there is a very nice program that’s fast at finding files and you can give it the location that you want to scan such as the drive letter for your vault or folder for your vault.

It’s called wizfile.

I’ll check it out – thanks!

Does it work? I have the same question.

Can it search for the content of files?

No but I have another app that does search contents.

Agent Ransack

Put in the exact path to the vault.

If you’re on Linux i have a different app for that. It’s called recoll.

why would you encrypt files, if you then expose their content to an indexing solution (that will create an unencrypted index of the file content outside the vault)?

What am I missing?

Nothing. You made me realize that recoll does maintain a permanent index outside of the Vault so you definitely don’t want to do that.

Wizfile and agent Ransack do not build an index outside the Vault.