Safely deleting vaults and uninstalling cryptomator

hi everyone.
is there any way to safely delete a vault, having the data decrypted, and then uninstall cryptomator?
what i did by now was dragging the decrypted files out of the vault to a folder on the desktop; however, larger files won’t move, exhibiting the following error code: Error 0x800700DF
is there anything i can try?

thanks in advance!

Hi. Please check your volume type in Cryptomator settings. If it’s WebDAV, please change it. (WebDAV does not allow files bigger than 4GB).

how can i change it if WebDav is the only option in the menu?

also, now i noticed that these files (none of which is bigger than 4GB) can’t be opened from the revealed vault either.

and again: is there any way to safely remove vaults and uninstall cryptomator having my files decrypted, transportable and useable?

thanks again.

There should be a second option “Dokany” If you haven’t unchecked the option during installation. I assume you are using a cryptomator version that is not prior dokany integration. You can also install dokany manual https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany/releases.

To answer your question:
Therer is no other way than the one you already try to go. Copy/move your files from within the vault to a location outside the vault (which will decrypt them), then delete the remaining (encrypted) vault folders and files and then uninstall cryptomator.
Please note: uninstalling cryptomator does not have an impact to your (encrypted) vault files, so you have to delete them them manually.

If you have your vault online stored also, you can use cyberduck to access and open your vault directly, and download the decrypted files. (How do I use Cryptomator without local sync?)

1 Like

thanks. downloaded Dockany, changed Volume type; however, the files are still unopenable ant untransportable. what may be the reason?

again, thank you for all your help :rose:

Im afraid I’m out of ideas.
This error message is typical for WebDAV.
I have no idea why it is shown although you switched to dokany.

thank you very much for all your help! ))

@dativus_ethicus When you look in the log files, are there any ERRORs, WARNings or Exceptions ? You can access the log file location over the general preferenes dialogue.