Recovery Help: Vault file goes missing after I force locked the vault

Can I recover my vault with only the d folder, my password, and my recovery key?

More info: I created my vault. I tried to lock it, and I got a message that it could not ‘lock safely?’ or something like that. It seemed to be indicating that a file was still in use. After closing all applications, it still would not let me lock. So I just ‘force locked’ it.

Then, when I try to open the vault, it says, “cryptomator could not find a vault at this path.”

The path is correct. It has the “d” folder in it. But that’s all that is in there. No masterkey file, no vault file. I never deleted them. And there’s nothing in my trash bin.

Some steps I tried from a post I found here : Recover masterkey file with recovery key? - #3 by anon24105312

1. Open new vault
  2. Copy that new vault’s files: “vault.cryptomator” and “masterkey.cryptomator”, into my original vault.
  3. Go into password reset for Old vault. Reset password
  4. Try password again.

Which didn’t work.

Yes, see Recovering vault when masterkey and vault.cryptomator missing - #10 by infeo.

By the way: Force locking is not related to vault.cryptomator or masterkey.cryptomator. Once your vault is unlocked and accessible, the aforementiond files are not touched anymore until you unlock the vault again.