Problem with version 1.6

I just installed version 1.6 on linux (Ubuntu) and am having an issue opening my existing vaults.
They both live on pCloudDrive and when I try to open an existing vault pCloudDrive doesn’t even show up on the list?
What can I do about this???

Thanks
Carson

What list are we talking about here? When you want to open an existing vault, you have to add it to the application first. You can do this by first clicking the “Add Vault” Button at the bottom of your vault list in the main view, then click the “Open Existing Vault”. The next dialogue expains that you need to select the masterkey file of the vault in question and from there you can open the default system file browser.

If you cannot select your pCloudDrive from the native file browser, the problem lies out of reach for Cryptomator and you have to research why this is the case.

I understand that and apologize that I didn’t make that clear. When I click “Open Existing Vault” it opens a files window. When I normally open a files window a link to pCloudDrive appears on it, however the window that opens from Cryptomator there is no pCloudDrive, so I’m not sure how to get to my Vaults on pCloudDrive.

Thanks
Carson

I have resolved this issue. I had been running the appImage with sudo and this is what caused the problem. When I ran it under my user name it work just fine.

1 Like