Please provide possibility to define additional folders for Automatic Photo Upload

I would like to have the possibility to define the folders individually that should be considered by Automatic Photo Upload feature. Currently all images on the mobile phone will be uploaded, but I only want to backup my own photos/images made with the Smartphone camera and not images from messengers like WhatsApp etc. Most of those images are in bad quality due to compression or I am simply not interested to backup them.

It is ok to consider all images by default for Automaic Photo Upload, but I am really missing an additional option in the settings menu to define additional folders or deactivate some of them like it is possible in Microsoft OneDrive app.

Thank you for your great work and I really appreciate your effort!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.

This feature request is tracked in

I will have a look into the Onedrive app but I really like how the Nextcloud app handles this: If a picture is stored in a new folder, a one time notification is displayed if this folder should be used as well for the auto upload.

Edit: Also the folder structure should be kept in the cloud, see

Has there been progress on this request?

I just started using Cryptomator on Android and I find the photo/video upload feature rather useless as long as it uploads ANY photo/video on my phone - even pictures from WhatsApp and videos in my download folder. Being able to specify one or multiple folders that shall be considered only would be great…

Thanks for the great app!

1 Like

To quote myself from another thread on the same topic in the Android forum:

I also want to automatically upload phone pictures, but not photos I have transferred to my phone from my mirrorless camera (and hence live in another folder).

3 Likes