Photo viewing and a few feature suggestions

Improvement in viewing photos within the app will be great. I upload the photos on my phone to the cloud with the cryptomator android application. It is very difficult to find a photo I am looking for due to too many photos and slowness. In order to find the photo I’m looking for among the 600 photos uploaded to the cloud, I have to either open all the photos one by one or export them. I don’t want to download all the photos in the cloud to my phone. I want to be able to view the photos on the cloud and choose to download or share the specific photos I want.

We should at least be able to preview the photos in the Cryptomator android app. We should be able to see and find the photo we are looking for in our archive as small photos. A simple photo gallery function will make the app more useful. In this way, I can consider not using any important unencrypted photos and files on my phone. Also, it would be perfect if there was an option to automatically delete the photos we took on the phone after uploading them to our encrypted cryptomator vaults, and if we could have multiple uploads to both local and cloud cryptomator vaults. In this way, we would have a secure storage and backup system, and we would not have to think about our phone memory capacity.

I also noticed that there are some photos with duplicates. For example 12346.jpg and 12345(1).jpg. When I search as *(1).jpg, I should be able to find and delete these duplicates. Unfortunately, when I search for *(1).jpg, no results come up.

It would be great if there were also encryption options. For example, we should be able to use different encryption options that we trust, such as Picocrypt, XChaCha20.

If a few similar sournesses are removed, it will be an excellent, magnificent and useful application. Still, I love using the app. Thanks to Cryptomator, the privacy anxiety I felt while uploading my important, personal files and photos to cloud storages was greatly alleviated. Thank you very much for this. I have never used any other similar app as useful as cryptomator. The support for uploading to the cloud makes the cryptomator a unique encryption application.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your efforts and for considering the comments regarding the solution of the problems.

1 Like