Permissions to Cloud Services ex: Dropbox

Hi,
I have installed the iOS App, I was asked to provide full permissions to my dropbox account
"This app has full read/write access to any file inside the user’s Dropbox. "
is there any way I can restrict the access to only to a specific folder?
thank you,

No that’s actually not possible.

and how dangerous is this? is it possible that because of an uncontrolled bug the app will delete or corrupt all my files?

As far as I know, Dropbox app does not provide an api that allows you to give apps permission for only a folder.
Besides this: the cryptomator vault itself is a folder and cryptomator works only within this folder.
I can understand your concerns. I’m using cryptomator quite a while and never had issues with deleted files especially not outside the vault.

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference

App folder

A dedicated folder named after your app is created within the Apps folder of a user’s Dropbox. Your app gets read and write access to this folder only and users can provide content to your app by moving files into this folder.

Full Dropbox

You get full access to all the files and folders in a user’s Dropbox.

Ah, thank you. Didn’t know that. Maybe one of the developer will respond to this.

Hi,
can you please take a look to this request? this is for me very important, I would like that cryptomator only have the permissions to specific folders, not to all my cloud files
is this something you can consider?

Because the desktop application allows storage of vaults everywhere in Dropbox, we decided to do the same in our mobile apps. As a developer, you have to choose this beforehand and can’t change it during run-time.

The app only processes data at the locations you select when adding or creating vaults. I know that’s not a guarantee but that’s what the app does. I’d like to add that Dropbox is able to restore files (either old versions or deletes ones) which should come in handy in worst-case scenarios (which are extremely unlikely).