Office-Dokumente direkt zum Bearbeiten öffnen

Hallo zusammen,
Word- oder Excel-Dokumente können nicht direkt zum Bearbeiten geöffnet werden, sondern müssen erst lokal abgelegt werden. Ist hier ein Automatismus oder eine Fehlebehebung geplant, um ein schnelles Editieren von Office-Dokumenten zu ermöglichen (vglb. Windows-App)?
Danke

1 Like

Ich habe ein Excel document, das ich staending update und diese Einschraenkung noch nie erfahren.
Hast Du ein besonderes setup fuer cryptomator? Ich benutze die Standardinstallation (neueste Version) in Verbindung mit Dropbox (was bedeutet, das der vault auch lokal gespeichert ist.)

Sorry - forgot the English version…
I am using an Excel sheet that I update regularly and have never encountered this issue.
Are you using a special setup for cryptomator? I am using the standard installation (latest version) in connection with Dropbox (which uses a local copy of the vault.)

Er spricht von der Android App. Hier muss aktuell eine Datei heruntergeladen werden und local gespeichert werden, um sie zu bearbeiten.

He is talking about the android version, where you actually have to download a document if you want to edit it.

The question of @cryptich has not been answered.
Is it planned to enable a write modus for the Android app?

Good question! is there anything planned?

Thanks for the question!

In general editing files works in Cryptomator for Android expect using the MS apps:
We have on github a detailed description what the problem is when opening these files: https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator-android/issues/150#issuecomment-514401775

The sad point is that we currently can’t do anything to correct that because Microsoft have to fix their apps.

Thanks for this good explanation!
Hopefully Microsoft is doing its homework soon…

1 Like