NoApplicableMigratorException: null with 1.4.0

I want to open my vault but get this error:

13:08:46.120 [Background Thread 3] WARN  o.c.ui.model.UpgradeVersion5toX - Upgrade failed.
org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.api.NoApplicableMigratorException: null
	at java.base/java.util.Optional.orElseThrow(Unknown Source)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.Migrators.migrate(Migrators.java:97)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.model.UpgradeVersion5toX.upgrade(UpgradeVersion5toX.java:45)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.controllers.UpgradeController.lambda$upgrade$0(UpgradeController.java:128)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.util.Tasks.lambda$create$0(Tasks.java:33)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.util.Tasks$TaskImpl.call(Tasks.java:139)
	at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I already found this issue but it is of no help:

I have a folder “files.cryptomator” containing “masterkey.cryptomator” including backup and the files in single letter cryptic folders.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much
Jörg

You should be able to solve this in the same way as I’ve described it in the other thread that you’ve already found.

Open your masterkey.cryptomator with a text editor and check what version number it says. If it says version 2, do the following:

1. Download Beta 0.10 here (click “Show Old Beta Versions” below): https://cryptomator.org/downloads/#allVersions
  2. Open Cryptomator 0.10 and unlock the vault
  3. Copy all files out of your vault
  4. Open Cryptomator 1.4.x and create a new vault
  5. Copy the files to the new vault

If it’s another version, please let me know.

Hi Tobias,
thanks for your quick response. I was able to understand the relation between version from cryptomator file and official release version. Also I could use the upgrading support with an older version as an intermediate step (migrate to file version 5 and then finally with my recent version to 6) so I did not even have to put the unencrypted data on my disc temporary.

Now my data is now working with the recent version.

Awesome! Thanks for making Cryptomator.

Thanks
Jörg

1 Like