No manual for connecting s3 buckets in cryptomator app

Hello,

Most likely I’ve missed that, haven’t I?

Passing remark: So far I’ve been able to setup my bucket, figure out bucket name, bucket url, access key, secret key from the storage provider (contabo) … but I’m still getting a message from the cryptomator app claiming, that the credentials are wrong.

Best regards
Dandu

I can’t even get that far. Every URL that I use gets rejected. Can access it fine via the desktop app on MACOS.

What’s your secret sauce for determining the values to add for an S3 location?

For anybody else finding this thread, I managed to guess the values that need to be entered. Having a desktop connection via MountainDuck helped.

For me, the server was https://s3.amazonaws.com

On to the next issue, opening an existing vault in the Files app, opens the vault’s storage location and not the vault.

1 Like

Hey toxman,

I got the values from my storage provider, pretty straightforward. But Cryptomator didn‘t accept them.

After having changed the bucket URL recently the settings were accepted. Strangely I could even set up wrong credentials and everything was accepted (as a connection).

But it‘s probably needless to say, that there was no single setup, that finally gave me access to my bucket (and folders within).

Without any documentation on that it‘s just a waste of time. So far the S3 implementation doesn’t earn a lot of credits / trust when it comes to me. It’s a pity.

Best regards
Dandu

Hello,

I was recently able to successfully connect the app with s3 storage offered by Backblaze. Thus, it’s basically possible.

Does anybody have any experience with connecting s3 compatible storage from Contabo (Objektspeicher zu einem Bruchteil dessen, was andere verlangen | Contabo)?

Best wishes
Dandu