no access permissions to my files

Hi Community,

I can not open or copy any files I have stored in the cryptomator.

According to the error message I have no access rights but I can not change any security settings.

How do I get back to my dat?
Although I have a backup but missing some important files that have come in the meantime :frowning:

What Cryptomator version are you using? Do you mount the virtual drive with WebDAV or with Dokany? What are the access rights to the encrypted (i.e. before unlocking) files like?

Hello,

I use the cryptomator version 1.4.11 meanwhile. My OS is Win10 Pro 1903.
Unfortunately, I can not say with which version I created the files.
I had already tried it with WebDAV and Dokany. Both with debug mode and without.
These were normal Windows file that I had copied into the Cryptomator vault. I never changed anything about permissions.
When I open txt files, the error message “A device connected to the system is not working” is displayed.

Update: With the iOS app I can open the files but how do I get them back to my PC without sending them by mail myself :slight_smile:

I don’t mean the permissions of the file that you work with, but rather the permissions of the files within the storage location of your vault. Files within the C:\path\to\vault\d directory.

This is now a different thing. Before, you said something about access rights errors. So what are we talking about?

Can you please tell us:

1. What did you do?
  2. What happened? (exact error text, etc)
  3. What should have happened?

My cryptomator vault is in the cloud on OneDrive. For the cloud, I chose a vault as security.
The path in my system is C: \ Users \ … \ OneDrive \ Vault \

Unfortunately, I had to reinstall Windows 10 after it was crashed by a Microsoft update a few weeks ago.

What happened? (exact error text, etc)
The system tries to open or copy the file but then a pop-up error message appears.
Open error message:
Error message PDF: An error occurred while opening this document. An internal error occured.
Error Messages ODS and ODT: Access was denied.
Error message JPG: The file can not be opened.
Error message TXT: A device connected to the system does not work.

The copy error message is the same for all files:
The source file or from the source volume can not be read.

UPDATE: I tried to copy something to the cloud and got the error message 0x8007016A.
So I could then find out what it is and fix it. By restarting and syncronizing OneDrive.

Ok, I see. The error message depends on the application handling the file. But the cause should be the same.
@infeo any chance a debug log might help here?

It might help or might not. But it wouldn’t hurt to have a look at it.

@4Roland Before you send any log file:
Do you use “Files on Demand”?
Does this error also appear if you create a new vault in OneDrive, move some files into it and open/edit/save these? (with Dokany as Volume provider selected)
And there is still the open question: What are the permisssions of the files and directories in C:\Users\…\OneDrive\Vault\d?